Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Pype Bomb = AMAZING

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:49 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Cool Pype Bomb = AMAZING

i had the pypes violator axle back with the pypes cut and clamp x pipe and it sounded really good, but i wanted a little more volume. so i just got the pypes pype-bomb axleback. this new exhaust is so awesome!! a LOT more volume when i want it, but not really loud cruising at all.

heres a pic comparing the tips of the violator (left) and pype bomb (right).

heres a new video of me revving the car (taken by my iphone 4). make sure you listen to it with some quality speakers with some bass so it sounds close to real life. ignore the popping. it was a cold start. doesnt really pop much at all normally. you can tell towards the end of the video the popping goes away a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZBWmQeyNA

so yeah id DEFINITELY recommend it

Last edited by iceguyb14; 08-23-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 AM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Did you get the pypes violater axle back and xpipe from american muscle in that package deal? If so do you have any videos of that? not to thread hijack...I'm gonna listen to yours as soon as I can get ahold of a bass.

Just got the sub hooked up....car sounds fantastic with that exhaust.

Last edited by swat 79; 08-23-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:30 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by swat 79
Did you get the pypes violater axle back and xpipe from american muscle in that package deal? If so do you have any videos of that? not to thread hijack...I'm gonna listen to yours as soon as I can get ahold of a bass.

Just got the sub hooked up....car sounds fantastic with that exhaust.
thanks!

i didnt get the package, i bought them at seperate times.

here it is with the violators without the xpipe (sounded exactly the same as with the xpipe).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbD-APbBLek
Old 08-23-2010, 11:04 AM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man....sick car btw. I think I'm gonna go with the violater/xpipe combo from american muscle (once I get the money for it!)
Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM
musela
1st Gear Member

@ iceguyb14 - I'm thinking about getting Pypes Pype Bomb also, but I was wondering how the in-cabin noise is. Does it have alot of drone?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:03 AM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

+1 on the pype bombs i have stock mid pipes and headers, and i used to have flowmasters. im so glad i switched to the pype bomb sounds incredible when you hit it
Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 AM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by musela
@ iceguyb14 - I'm thinking about getting Pypes Pype Bomb also, but I was wondering how the in-cabin noise is. Does it have alot of drone?
theeres a bit but in the end its worth it IMO your always gona have a slight bit of drone
Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM
derockgt
1st Gear Member

i have these too love them!! get alot of compliments

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...1862-pypes.jpg
Old 08-25-2010, 02:04 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by musela
cruising it is about the same til about 2500rpms then its a little louder. it had a little drone at first but it has gone away after a few hundred miles of driving.

Originally Posted by football7star21
+1 on the pype bombs i have stock mid pipes and headers, and i used to have flowmasters. im so glad i switched to the pype bomb sounds incredible when you hit it
idk how they sound with an h pipe, but with an x pipe, its amazing.

theeres a bit but in the end its worth it IMO your always gona have a slight bit of drone
there was at first but now, its gone, just overall a little louder, and when you punch it, it sounds SEXY
Old 08-26-2010, 08:40 AM
musela
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
cruising it is about the same til about 2500rpms then its a little louder. it had a little drone at first but it has gone away after a few hundred miles of driving.
That's nice to know. I had an '05 V6 and it had Flowmaster. I know that there's a difference when it comes to aftermarket exhaust between a V6 and V8, but the drone was really loud. Well, loud enough it got annoying on long drives. I do alot of highway driving so at around 1800-2000 rpm the drone was alot more noticeable. It vibrated everything in the car. lol. I didn't want the same thing in my GT.

I really like the burbling sound too when downshifting or slowing down. Is that pretty noticeable with the Pype Bombs? I went on YouTube to listen to some sound clips, but alot of the videos have really crappy sound.

Thanks for the response!

Slight is not bad, but resonating and making it hard to hear the radio, not to mention rattling everything in the car, is bad. lol

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
there was at first but now, its gone, just overall a little louder, and when you punch it, it sounds SEXY
lol. I like SEXY. Everytime I hear that muscle car sound, I melt.

Last edited by musela; 08-26-2010 at 08:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Pype Bomb = AMAZING