Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Delete Plates... the skinny?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Hagwood
2nd Gear Member

Not sure about the gains alone, as I did mine when I was installing the cams. From what I researched, they do open up the air flow for the cams to take advantage of, and Chris Rose told me that it made tuning the cams easier with them. Install is super easy - no more that a few hours tops, and that's taking your time. I thought about the FRPP intake, as it just became available when I had my car apart for the cam swap, but I thought I would wait until there was more feedback on it.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by JDWalton
IMO, if your looking at delete plates SAVE that money and throw this at your car:
http://www.brenspeed.com/m-9424-463v.html
It will make more power and scale better. If you ever add a Centri type supercharger, this little baby is clutch, but still makes great NA power.
When did FRPP start offering that? I know C&L worked on a revised intake for a couple years and last I checked it was hard to come by and very expensive $800?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:32 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

A few months back, maybe less. I saw some people talking about it on the bullitt forums, supposedly makes DAM good power.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...g_results.html
Old 09-01-2010, 06:16 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Here's some light reading regarding the FRPP Intake Manifold. Sit back, relax and enjoy!

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40496
Old 09-01-2010, 08:19 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Any idea of gains with my N/A motor on that intake?

That baby looks bad *** as well!
I would ask brenspeed about it but if i recall my conversation it wasnt worth it.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:33 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Here's some light reading regarding the FRPP Intake Manifold. Sit back, relax and enjoy!

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40496

hmm, interesting read, but seems to be a lot of speculation and not everyone seeing the problem. There making the numbers they are advertising in most cases, but I wouldn't be happy with that flex either. I would probably still go with one, but I would wait till next spring after seeing that to make sure they got any production bugs out. Its funny that most of the defense of the product so far has been, "there hasn't been a problem yet" on a product that was just released....
Old 09-02-2010, 08:05 AM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

My sentiments exactly JD!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

id go with the C&L manifold. and you can get it for around $750. yeah not cheap, but ive heard good things about it.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I agree JD.
Besides waiting a while gives you time to save up too!
It will probably be my next mod AFTER the short shifter and CHE brace.
The C&L manifold seems inferior if this Ford one does what it says.
The C&L may have the same HP gains or close but it is heavier and uglier in my opinion lol.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:16 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Not having IMRC is awesome for the tuner. They can zero alot of "combined tables" so that they can rely on just one table to control things such as spark, etc. This is something my OCD loves. It's less calculations for the PCM. Not only do you see an increase in power, but with the right tuning, the MINIMAL loss (sometimes none) of torque can be made to feel non-existent.

Go for the plates!

A manifold is great. I have had good results with both the C&L as well as the Ford Racing manifold.

Quick Reply: Delete Plates... the skinny?