Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Just took the Vortech off..

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah definitely having any "fast" car requires some restraint on the street. I've had other types of cars in the past like a Maxima or BMW that was so smooth, it was easy to get a ticket. You simply couldn't tell how fast you were going due to the smooth/quiet ride...
Old 11-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Hey mudflap I still have your saying in my signature. Have a good one.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:27 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
Yeah definitely having any "fast" car requires some restraint on the street. I've had other types of cars in the past like a Maxima or BMW that was so smooth, it was easy to get a ticket. You simply couldn't tell how fast you were going due to the smooth/quiet ride...
in my 93 RX-7 twin turbo, it was like that.. I'd be cruising at 120 and it'll feel more more then 75mph I shiet you not.

One smooth ride indeed...
Old 11-19-2010, 09:08 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

no way in houston can I even see speed limit, but wayyy out in west texas there are some nice roads without traffic or the risk of incoming traffic (intersection and driveways are non existent)...i'm right at 30 and have yet to see a ticket with the CS, but should have a few times, lol...Not street racing here by a long shot...It's not like back in the day where the radio was a driver's major distraction...Now everyone (from 16-60) is texing while driving while studing the in car navi and eating a cheesburger...It's to dangerous to drive the 250 around here under speed limit let alone the CS racing...
Old 11-19-2010, 11:17 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol the highways of Alaska, you have to worry about friggin' moose crossing the highways.. go out far enough, and you'll run into friggin' bears! other than that, we have pretty decent highways to get away with the occasional highway runs.. pretty common for street racers on these highways late at night.. summer of course.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:19 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Hey Mudflap:

you still in turmoil in which supercharger kit to get??

I may very well end up getting the Saleen after all.. run the 5 psi tune for a bit, upgrade the stock torque converter, do some LCAs and a lightweight driveshaft.

then up it to 8 psi!

not now anyways, down the road some...
Old 11-19-2010, 01:00 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Yeah but if he makes a decision, this 500 some odd post thread will die!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:23 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol yeah.. it's my thread and more than half of the posts are mudflaps rofl
Old 11-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah IDK yet. Been so busy with the software business, that I sorta quit worrying about it much. I did discover I'm going to owe ~5k on taxes, so that puts somewhat of a damper on the whole scenario. Its hard to get excited about dropping 5k in February, when I know I have to drop another 5k in April.

My top choice is still the Whipple non-IC. Second would probably be the Roush M90, and if I decide I wanna cheap out, I can pull off another Vortech/Paxton non-IC for $3700 since I already have a tuner. It may end up coming down to a money thing in the end, which knocks the Whipple right out. That leaves the Roush at $4300, $600 more than the Vortech/Paxton. The funny thing is, the cheapest one by far, the centri, puts down substantially more power than the other two. Hence, why I bought the sucker for my last car... and it also comes from Brenspeed, who is IMO, the best supercharger vendor there is for these cars.

Last edited by Mudflap; 11-19-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Many months ahead before you have to decide anyway.

I just put stabilizer in mine, topped it off, and put it in storage at my parent's garage.

Damn winter

Quick Reply: Just took the Vortech off..