KB 2.6 stage 1 - install - MustangForums.com

Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

KB 2.6 stage 1 - install

Old 09-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Default KB 2.6 stage 1 - install

Starting this thread to document the install process. Kit is used, stage 1 intercooled. Purchased from forum member dkersten.

I am about 60 steps through the disassembly portion of the instructions. Here are a couple pictures. Yes it's dirty in there but the crud you're seeing near the injector ports on the manifold is caked on there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-30-2010, 04:08 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Subscribed
Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I have a suggestion. When you are looking at them otor there is a sensor with a white plug and a pig tail thatat goes back around the passenger side head. Check it to make sure it is not loose. If it is loose, dab just a little of loktite on it and screw it down.

It's your cylinder head temp sensor.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Lookin good already.. I look at those pics and it all looks so familiar....
Old 09-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Dave what was the trick to getting the heater core hoses off with? I know you struggled with those for a while and I can't recall what it was that did it for you.

Draining off the coolant is coming up, probably tonight, hence the question.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Owen,

Keep the pics coming. Are you looking at getting finished this weekend?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Made some more disassembly progress last night. Not as much as the night before since I spent some time dragging stuff back into the house and tidying up.

Alternator is off now and I have drained off the coolant. Battery tray is out, passenger wheel off the car, and inner fenderwell cover off. Also removed the splash guard under the radiator. I believe tonight I will be removing the heater core hoses and dealing with the "bolt from hell" per the KB manual. The hoses might be a pain in the *** from what I've heard - even worse than the bolt. Guess we'll see lol. I have a few more pictures but I was to tired last night to post them not to mention had my left arm drenched in anti freeze.

I doubt it will be finished this weekend. I'm hoping to get through more of disassembly tonight - finishing up with that Saturday. Then moving on to the assembly part of the instructions. Have a few other things going on Saturday so can't quite focus 100% on it.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Looking good man! Are you excited or scared [email protected]#%less while you're working on this?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Honestly I've been enjoying myself for the most part so far. I'm trying to make progress, even if it's just slow and steady.

Only thing I'm worried about is this dragging on towards the end of the month. I want to at least have a few opportunities with 60+ degree weather to fully test things out and enjoy a few drives before the weather deteriorates.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I hear you, I'm trying to hold out until spring, and meanwhile its been 75 degrees and sunny every day for the past 2 weeks which is killin me. I could be out there laying down supercharged patches of rubber.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KB 2.6 stage 1 - install

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.