Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

For All Those That Know Me... I FINALLY decided my plan.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default For All Those That Know Me... I FINALLY decided my plan.

After years of debate and avoidance I have FINALLY decided that once this
car is paid off I am going to go F.I. and get a supercharger.

Yes... you instigators have finally convinced me.
I looked at all my options including stroking and I have decided
a light supercharger iI haves what I will do.

It should be about a year until I can do it.
I hope they still have the M90 then because that seems to be
the perfect setup for me.

Anyone know if they will still have them in a year btw?

I have NO idea where I will go to have it installed but
I can tell you without a question I will NOT do it myself.

I will have to research places in Texas or I will have to make the drive
up to Brenspeed, BlowByRacing or something like that.
(Im sure even though they don't sell ROUSH SC's they could install one
pretty easily)

So... after I get this tune issue solved I will be saving up so that I can
take a nice hunk out of the payments for the SC, other components, and install later on.

Besides, just like you guys said...if I did it myself I'd be paranoid I did'nt have ever single screw torqued down and every single thing hooked up correctly and I would go over the install ten times, take two months to do it, and drive it down the road every day still worried I did not do it correctly. LOL!

Only thing is with my mods I'm not sure what else I will need.
I know the usual ROUSH tune wont work because of the mods.
I also don't know if my mods would put the M90 at risk or not.
Input?

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 01-01-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

Don't kick yourself too bad about not installing it yourself. After all the research I did on mine about ease of installation; I sat down and read the instructions and realized I just don't have the necessary tools, and garage space to do mine myself. I am currently looking for install prices around here.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:27 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

You'd be sitting with 450whp with your mods with a tune

Justin at VMP tuning have been thoses forever, so have a few other places (Stage 3 motorspots, JDM)

Not sure of your experience or confidence level on mechanical work, but if even if you're not all that great you can still do it if you understand the instructions, have help and have the right tools.

If you don't get the M90, and insist on going Roots- you can always get a Magnacharger. They're larger and more efficient (basically a stock Cobra/GT500 supercharger)

If you want to go bigger and twin screw while on a budget , the Brenspeed Saleen supercharger 475hp kit will be selling for about $5,499 if you can get a deal. They been selling those for $5,199 on sale!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

If you must choose the M90 then I would get one with a pulley, fuel and tune to make somewhere in the 450 range. You will be happy.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:34 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

what part of Texas are you in? i had mine installed at a place local here right outside of Tyler. they are a roush parts dealer and installed the thing for $600. i know reading some of the install threads these guys paid that much for tools in some cases and i know its installed right. i COULD do it, but i am like you and would worry i missed something and probably would have. i leave things like this to pros. As to if they will have it, yes they will. only the chrome blowers were discontinued. those were for some special project i believe that went defunct.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I love how you are always changing things up, Blacksmoke. Good ideas you have. Fun to read about your ideas and progress.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I'm not saying the M90 isn't a great supercharger, but at the rate you change your mind about mods, I'd recommend you go with something a little more capable. I haven't known you to stick with a mod plan for more than 30 seconds since you've been on the forums.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:20 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

haha.......peer pressure!!!!!! LOL

Welcome to the Darkside Black!!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:20 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I always read ur threads as im always interested in what ur plans are b/c u do like to exhaust all avenues for power. I would say that a twin screw would be a great choice for you. Just b/c u have room to grow. The sales that brenspeed have for the saleen kit are usually on sale for black friday and christmas. I picked mine up for 5100 and my install for that kit was 200 at brenspeed during their december specials.. I saved a little more than a thousand dollars right there. U should really consider twin screw since u like options for power
Old 01-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
I'm not saying the M90 isn't a great supercharger, but at the rate you change your mind about mods, I'd recommend you go with something a little more capable. I haven't known you to stick with a mod plan for more than 30 seconds since you've been on the forums.
That's kind of what I have been telling him or anyone who chooses the M90. Yes it is good quality and makes decent power. But darn if I wouldn't be pissed if I blew my motor up, got a new built motor and made the same power I did before. I would be ticked. I'm just thinking of the future for any and all.

As long as you can be absolutely certain you will never want more power than what the blower can make, than by all means, pull the trigger.

Quick Reply: For All Those That Know Me... I FINALLY decided my plan.