Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Kooks Headers w/ Roush Charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:31 AM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Default Tunes

Originally Posted by outceltj
I havent dealt with bama tunes but i hear people are happy with them. I deal with brenspeed so its a choice and everyone here makes one. Either way u wont be disappointed
I just sent all myinfo to Bama Tunes so we will see what they come back with. Hopefully it will be good news!!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:47 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DIMEBAG6025
I just sent all myinfo to Bama Tunes so we will see what they come back with. Hopefully it will be good news!!
I think shanem posted that bama does not tune for fi cars but i have no idea. There plenty of reputable ones to choose from though. If they dont check out jdm, vmp, brenspeed. Good luck. Tell us how it sounds and the butt dyno.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Seems weird that AM sells Superchargers but doesnt want to tune them. If they dont do it, you have three other very good choices.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:44 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
bama wont tune for FI cars to my knowledge. You will need to go through JDM or VMP for a tune on a FI car, especialyl roush. i looked aroudn a lot and settled on VMP.
We absolutely tune for FI. We tune for Nitrous, E-Force Superchargers, Whipples, Roush R2300 Superchargers, X-Chargers, Roush M90s, Cobras, GT500s, etc.

I think that you'll find all of our FI stuff is VERY good and can hold it's ground to any dyno tune!

Chris
Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

If u have plans of installing cams u might want a place that can do dyno tune and is somewhat close to you or a weekend drive. Many places say and custum dyno run is good when your adding fi and cams.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:15 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
We absolutely tune for FI. We tune for Nitrous, E-Force Superchargers, Whipples, Roush R2300 Superchargers, X-Chargers, Roush M90s, Cobras, GT500s, etc.

I think that you'll find all of our FI stuff is VERY good and can hold it's ground to any dyno tune!

Chris
My bad Chris. I may be looking for a new tune myself. M90, Detroit rockers, long tubes, jdm cai, auto trans. I keep getting a cel signal stuck rich and also the blinking O/d light. Is that something you can diagnose without dyno info?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:04 AM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Default Tunes

Chris
Yes,i called & you guys are getting the tune info for me ready. Bought an SCT tuner & got the tunes for life & so far they have been great!! Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Chris
you guys tune for Vortech V3's?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:54 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
My bad Chris. I may be looking for a new tune myself. M90, Detroit rockers, long tubes, jdm cai, auto trans. I keep getting a cel signal stuck rich and also the blinking O/d light. Is that something you can diagnose without dyno info?
I know exactly what both things are right now.

What MAF setup do you have?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:56 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
If u have plans of installing cams u might want a place that can do dyno tune and is somewhat close to you or a weekend drive. Many places say and custum dyno run is good when your adding fi and cams.
Ehh, it all really depends where you get your tune from. I can get a FI/Cammed file out the door to you. You take it to a dyno, do a run with wideband air/fuel ratio and datalog a few parameters for me. Shoot us back the results and if neccessary, we send a tweaked version. Some results are spot-on and nothing can be done, some get away with one tweak. It's as good as any dyno tune.

Quick Reply: Kooks Headers w/ Roush Charger