Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Lookin for response from people with Supercharger and Camms

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:01 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Default Lookin for response from people with Supercharger and Camms

I just had my autometer cobalt a/f gauge installed and was wondering what kinds of readings u guys are experiencing at idle and driving. Im not experiencing any lean or rich issues during driving or spirited driving. A little at idle but thought that might be b/c of the cam and when it shows lean or rich its for a brief moment with the 8 green lights on (rich) and the 8 amber lights on (lean), and then a showing of the stoichiometric range which is perfect in a perfect world. Im assuming the bouncing around of the rich and lean reading is due to the cams and that I believe it to be ok. What do u guys think
Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

At idle I am usually 14 something then it bounces to 15 something. Driving, it will bounce to 16 something then drop back. I was told the only true reading is WOT. It really is all over the place but when I get on the gas it sticks to a number. WOT throttle I am in the 11's. My tune is still not 100% there, it'll throw signal stuck rich every few weeks and even throw the blinking o/d light now and then.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Your a/f will bounce around at idle and under part throttle. But still should remain within a roughly 14-17 range.

WOT is what you really want to watch, making sure you're not too lean.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:22 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
At idle I am usually 14 something then it bounces to 15 something. Driving, it will bounce to 16 something then drop back. I was told the only true reading is WOT. It really is all over the place but when I get on the gas it sticks to a number. WOT throttle I am in the 11's. My tune is still not 100% there, it'll throw signal stuck rich every few weeks and even throw the blinking o/d light now and then.
yea mine seems to be what yours is. I kind of thought that most tuners had the o/d light thing figured out. That kind of sucks for ya. Who is your tuner. Hopefully they will get that figured out.

thanks man for your input
Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
Your a/f will bounce around at idle and under part throttle. But still should remain within a roughly 14-17 range.

WOT is what you really want to watch, making sure you're not too lean.
thanks buddy. I'll have to check that out when the air gets a bit warmer
Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
yea mine seems to be what yours is. I kind of thought that most tuners had the o/d light thing figured out. That kind of sucks for ya. Who is your tuner. Hopefully they will get that figured out.

thanks man for your input

JDM did my tune. I really am gonna try to datalog with the sct this weekend. I got all the cords and think I may have decifered the instructions. Jim has asked me me to data log so he can determine whats going on etc......

You guys that live close to a tuner are quite lucky. I hate reading all these directions, making custom cables etc..to datalog. I feel like I am in school all over again. That sh#t was decades ago. I would rather just pay somebody to tune it and be done with it! LOL

Last edited by 808muscle; 03-25-2011 at 04:00 AM.