Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

KB 2.6L fuel pressure tap

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:36 PM
08LNOR

Default KB 2.6L fuel pressure tap

Ok, I have a stage 2 2.6L KB blower and am about to put on a few gauges and wanted to ask some of you KB owners what problems you ran into when using the fuel pressure gauge tap on the drivers side fuel rail. I have an AEM analog fuel pressure gauge and am wondering what if any adapters I will need to hook the sensor into the fuel pressure tap. My car is in storage right now as I am deployed but I wanted to do the research in advance so I can get right on it when I get home. Thanks in advance for all the help guys!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:00 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

You mean using one of those blocks/plates that sit between the fuel pressure sensor and fuel rail? Should be no issues.
I'm using CPR fuel rails and have the sensor mounted through the far end of the rails, to detect minimum pressure at farthest injector from the fuel inlet. This won't apply if using the stock fuel rails.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I can go out and look at mine, but I think you may need to flop the rail around or get a different rail. It's pretty tight right there and if I recall there is no room for the block.

I will check and get back to you. Unless you have your own car handy to look at.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
08LNOR

Thanks for the input guys.

@tx zstang I'm not sure which blocks/plates you're talking about. When you say block do you mean the intake manifold? I have the standard stage 2 2.6 kit and the fuel pressure tap is at the rear of the driver's side fuel injector rail. I may just be missing the terminology.

@Simon I wish I had my car handy. I'm in Afghanistan right now. I miss that thing. Lol. I took pictures of the underhood before I left. I posted them in an album on here so if you need a visual of the tap it's on there. It looks like the brass sensor that comes with the AEM fuel pressure gauge will be able to attach to the tap but I don't know if I'll be sure until I see it in person.

Thanks again guys!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:42 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

yeah, sorry about the confusion. The KB kits include an adapter plate for the stock fuel rail, to slightly alter the location of the fuel pressure sensor.
I was thinking about something like this:
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...id=15&parent=6
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 PM
08LNOR

Thanks tx zstang. That looks like it will work out great. Now to finish up my deployment and get back to my baby.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:32 AM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=16565 is what I used for my fuel gauge, I think. I remember there being clearance issues so I'm having my friend take a picture and email it to me

...because...

I too am on deployment. Stay safe man. I got a buddy in Afghanistan. I thankfully am not there, but the stress levels are quite high here too. I'll be sure to share pics when I get them though.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:47 PM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Followup: Now I remember why I had clearance issues. I bought that adapter and it wouldn't allow the OEM sensor to clear the vacuum line. Here's a pic:

I ended up using the included-with-Kenne Bell kit adapter, which has the shrader valve on it. If you unscrew the 1/16" NPT adapter there, you can screw this into it and you'll also have the clearance to screw in the Autometer gauge sender.

Here's some more pics so you can see how I did it:

Here's how my gauges look installed:

Hope this helps you out!
-Sam
Old 04-06-2011, 06:52 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Aeroforce FTW! Plug and play
Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 PM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl
Aeroforce FTW! Plug and play
Aeroforce may be for you but it's not my cup o' tea I prefer the analog gauges. Although I do like that so much info is available for display. I have heard there is some lag with tapping into the OBD port...have you noticed any of that or was my informant plain ignorant?

Quick Reply: KB 2.6L fuel pressure tap