Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

interior color?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Stri8ed

Default interior color?

hello all... New here and have a question.. I have a 2010 GT and i hate the interior.. Im getting Katskinz to at least get some of the tan color out of the inside of the car. I want to match the inserts to the door panels.. anyone know what color leather from Katskinz matches the tan color of my interior? i want to get the Sandlewood Suede. anyone gotten this color from Katskinz?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:24 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Y don;t you give them your interior trim code and see what they have to match. The code is on the build sheet located in the driver door jamb. It will say Int Trim: ** the two letter will be the code.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:34 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

OP to my knowledge you can't just swap the leather in the 10 and up cars like you can in the others. roush doenst even sell their leather kits, they say it is something about a special tool needed to reset the weight sensor for teh passenger airbag that you cant get. at least that is what roush told me when i called them to ask why they didn't have their leather kits for 10 cars.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Stri8ed

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
Y don;t you give them your interior trim code and see what they have to match. The code is on the build sheet located in the driver door jamb. It will say Int Trim: ** the two letter will be the code.
Thats a good idea..
Old 04-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Stri8ed

Originally Posted by ShaneM
OP to my knowledge you can't just swap the leather in the 10 and up cars like you can in the others. roush doenst even sell their leather kits, they say it is something about a special tool needed to reset the weight sensor for teh passenger airbag that you cant get. at least that is what roush told me when i called them to ask why they didn't have their leather kits for 10 cars.
I hope your NOT right on this... When i was buying the car i only decided to get it because i knew i was going to change out the cloth seats. I did Katskins on my last car. turned out great.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:54 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

FWIW my wife had katzkin leather put in a murano she had a few years back. they coudnt match with a code or anything. the guy that installed came out with a giant ring of katzkin color squares and then held them up to the interior until we found one that looked like it matched. the rub was when the leaher came in it didn't look good since it was darker than the squares he had once it was all in the car. custom kits cant be retured either.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stri8ed
I hope your NOT right on this... When i was buying the car i only decided to get it because i knew i was going to change out the cloth seats. I did Katskins on my last car. turned out great.
you can do the factory leather, some have done that. that's just what roush told me, i could have spoke to an idiot though. also assuming you have the black cloth another option is the ford racing recaro seats from the boss 302 cars, those look awesome.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Stri8ed

Originally Posted by ShaneM
you can do the factory leather, some have done that. that's just what roush told me, i could have spoke to an idiot though. also assuming you have the black cloth another option is the ford racing recaro seats from the boss 302 cars, those look awesome.
no, my seats are the ugly tan color.. along with every other piece of interior except the dash... Im slowly replacing as much of the tan with black as i can.