Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

25hp 20tq performance gain?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Ryan™
Banned

Default 25hp 20tq performance gain?

I recently purchased a 05-09 Ram Air Hood from Cervini's Auto Design.

Is it worth paying 700 dollars for the 25 horsepower and 20 ft lbs of torque gain for the performance tune of the hood? Well of course it is, but what I'm really asking is, does it actually work??

Any feedback would be great thanks.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:01 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

no idea...could you please snap a pic of the whipple and ford racing cai together...My tuner said that no way these two could be used together, and I'd love to prove him worng
Old 05-06-2011, 08:04 AM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

I personally don't believe you'll see that much gain from the hood. What I do think you'll see is a cooler intake charge (provided it actually does what it advertises), which is always a good thing. With your FI setup though, you may only see a handful of HP/TQ. FI already sucks more air (literally).

My $.02
Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Ryan™
Banned

Originally Posted by highline
no idea...could you please snap a pic of the whipple and ford racing cai together...My tuner said that no way these two could be used together, and I'd love to prove him worng
sure, i'll stop by the shop after school today and snap a pic, it's having some exterior work done. i don't see why he doesn't believe they work together. the performance gains from both are phenomenal.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Ryan™
Banned

Originally Posted by SamsBlueGT
I personally don't believe you'll see that much gain from the hood. What I do think you'll see is a cooler intake charge (provided it actually does what it advertises), which is always a good thing. With your FI setup though, you may only see a handful of HP/TQ. FI already sucks more air (literally).

My $.02
Thanks Sam, I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking that the gain from the hood wouldn't be THAT much, but there would definitely be some sort of power gain.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:41 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ryan™
sure, i'll stop by the shop after school today and snap a pic, it's having some exterior work done. i don't see why he doesn't believe they work together. the performance gains from both are phenomenal.
that would be super...thanks
Old 05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

I personally think it isn't worth the money for the performance gain. However, I do think that if that is the hood you want to give your car an aggressive look, i think it is definitely worth the money, especially if that is what you want. It's always worth it. Also, you might be able to find a better price than $700. I would look around some more. I'm sure you can find a better price.

Last edited by 7gtthrilla; 05-06-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Ryan™
Banned

Originally Posted by 7gtthrilla
I personally think it isn't worth the money for the performance gain. However, I do think that if that is the hood you want to give your car an aggressive look, i think it is definitely worth the money, especially if that is what you want. It's always worth it. Also, you might be able to find a better price than $700. I would look around some more. I'm sure you can find a better price.
Yeah i got a price for 485.00 for the hood on Cervini's website, I ordered it along with a body kit, billet grilles(lower and top), and a ducktail wing. It all looks very fresh. The tune for the hood was what the 700.00 is. But yeah, I'll definitely be looking around for a better price for the tune.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:57 PM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Who is your current tune with? I almost don't even think you'd need a tune...
Old 05-06-2011, 03:34 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

just looked at your move over site sam...I want the "slower traffic" one for the gt/cs

Quick Reply: 25hp 20tq performance gain?