MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   Help! Installed Ford Racing CAI & BAMA Tune threw Codes po 171, po 174 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/643721-help-installed-ford-racing-cai-and-bama-tune-threw-codes-po-171-po-174-a.html)

nads83 06-02-2011 07:15 PM

Help! Installed Ford Racing CAI & BAMA Tune threw Codes po 171, po 174

Installed Ford Racing CAI and loaded BAMA tune. Could hear spark detonation, ran sluggish, then threw engine light that read PO 171 and PO 174 for lean condition.

Is this likely a tune problem? Pretty sure the install is tight!

Thanks

highline 06-02-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by nads83 (Post 7568694)
Could hear spark detonation!

What does this sound like...can you describe it? As to your question, yea, it's in the tune...try reloading it before calling bama

ski 06-02-2011 11:17 PM

Also, make sure the MAF sensor is oriented correctly, and the PCV tube is securely connected.

808muscle 06-03-2011 01:56 AM

Getting any unmetered air in there will cause a lean condition and cause those codes. Go over you entire CAI making sure there is no gaps anywhere. Did the maf housing location change? Was there a blocking plate that was supposed to be installed? I am guessing its something simple. Take your time and go over everything slowly. I say this cause I did it myself. Installed an entire supercharger only to f%ck up the cai install!! LOL I got those same codes.

dna 06-03-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by 808muscle (Post 7569199)
Getting any unmetered air in there will cause a lean condition and cause those codes. Go over you entire CAI making sure there is no gaps anywhere. Did the maf housing location change? Was there a blocking plate that was supposed to be installed? I am guessing its something simple. Take your time and go over everything slowly. I say this cause I did it myself. Installed an entire supercharger only to f%ck up the cai install!! LOL I got those same codes.

This. Also be sure to contact whoever wrote your tune. In my past experience, they've been very helpful and willing to answer any questions I've had.

Good luck!

nads83 06-05-2011 09:22 AM

Problem Solved!

Problem was that I had accidentally indicated "stock" in the air box section on the BAMA questionaire. I did indicate Ford Racing CAI, but there was obviously a conflict. BAMA was great, they corrected the tune and sent it back to me in five minutes. Car seems to be running fine now!

CTGT2005 06-05-2011 09:30 AM

Always had a positive experience dealing with Bamachips. Compared to other tuners shelf tunes, I can tell a SOTP difference with BAMA over other equal tunes.

808muscle 06-05-2011 01:56 PM

Yup too much air............good deal dude. How does that new power feel?

seniorsmith 03-25-2014 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by nads83 (Post 7571535)
Problem was that I had accidentally indicated "stock" in the air box section on the BAMA questionaire. I did indicate Ford Racing CAI, but there was obviously a conflict. BAMA was great, they corrected the tune and sent it back to me in five minutes. Car seems to be running fine now!

I just did the EXACT same thing on my 5.0. BAMA was great. I seen a few other people have done that as well. They really need to make it clear that when they are asking about the intake, they want to know what intake you will be running WITH the tune and not what is currently on your car.

I just assumed, sense I ordered a package, that the intake was a given.

Nuke 03-25-2014 03:30 PM

Well, THAT bumped a 3 y/o thread...