Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Building up my new 08 gt

Old 07-16-2011, 10:51 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

If you're already thinking about the supercharger then focus on parts that you can still use when the supercharger is on the car. Then you're not replacing parts later on and trying to sell them at a loss, that just means you're spending even more money. Intakes are cheap but even then Kenne Bell and Whipple kits come with them. Parts you can't re-use just puts you further away from the money for the supercharger.

Before I got my Kenne Bell I put on a Meziere water pump and an axle back exhaust. Two parts I could run and gain some power without a tune and that would stay on with the supercharger. They also gave me a little extra power to play with (the pump gained more than the exhaust believe it or not).

I drove around stock / near-stock for about a year before getting the Kenne Bell. It took a lot of patience but it worked out in the end. I didn't have to go through the hassle of multiple installs, tunes, and selling old parts.

Personally I would not go crazy with all-motor mods on the 4.6. There's just not a ton of potential in there unless you spend a lot of money and then you might as well have gotten the supercharger. If the 4.6 responded like the new 5.0 then it could be pretty fast without going boost but that's not the case unfortunately.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:20 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 908ssp
You could plan on 450whp for under $3500 if you put a GT500 SC on your 3V.
Right on!!
And the guy likes Italian bikes.

Anyway, I can't believe no one's picking up on this since you posted it...
Old 07-16-2011, 11:24 AM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

where can i find a good place to tune my car? What kind of shop am I looking for? I live in windsor ontario. How do I find a good shop lol. How do they tune it? The last car I did work for was an old 86 camaro and it was a piece of crap lol. Im new to the whole electronics part of the car. I know nothing about it
Old 07-16-2011, 11:46 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Kevilay u will want a performance shop to handle your tune. Not sure what u have done to your car or what ur plans are but if you call brenspeed they will ask you what u have done to the car and for the number of your pc code or whatever that number is they need for the sct tuner. They can then create a tune for you and then send it to your email. U will have to download the sct software onto your desktop. That is where u will your tunes. Keep in mind if you buy parts from brenspeed the tune will be free. Otherwise u will have to pay for the tune. Its very easy to do. They will send u directions on how to do it all and they are very good directions. If u have trouble call them and im sure they could walk u through it.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:18 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Right on!!
And the guy likes Italian bikes.

Anyway, I can't believe no one's picking up on this since you posted it...
Read the thread this morning...waiting on the website for more info myself.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:21 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Oh lol I thought a tune was actually bringing in your car and having them set it up. Im pretty sure my car is bone stock but I didnt buy it new, If I throw up some pictures can you guys confirm that everything is stock?

Kevin
Old 07-16-2011, 01:25 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Take a picture of the engine bay and lets have a look. If you have the stock air box, I doubt much has been done to her.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:07 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

here is the pic of my engine bay:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/img0136sd.jpg/

How do I link it so it shows the picture?
Old 07-16-2011, 06:25 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

If I were you, I'd get Long tubes (if legal there,99% of the places are not), tune, and call it a day. In the end, once you save up the money, it'll all be worth it.

Why have 20hp here and there when you can just have all 450-480whp all at once?

You'll save a ton of money.. trust me.. been there done that! lol

For the auto, gears are also a good mod but costs a lot to install imo. Still nothing compared to a nice fat supercharger kit...
Old 07-16-2011, 06:41 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

one of these look like a good buy. any opinions? here are two diff ones.

http://www.brenspeed.com/3000jlt110.html
http://www.brenspeed.com/3000extreme.html

which do u recommend? I think id be getting a good deal with this package. Maybe this a 4.10 gear and some exhaust might make this car a monster What do u guys think. Man i wish i had more cash lol. Gotta love being a 22year old with a 08 mustang. Life savings lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Building up my new 08 gt