Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Add another 5r55s trans that took a crap with F/I

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Greg06GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
Definately a tranny that would last.

If you stay with the 555 tranny, consider who the tuner is. The mapping on the tranny shifting and lock up points are very important for that tranny.
For generic email tunes, who would be considered a good tuner?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:48 PM
tigerhonaker
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Greg06GT
For generic email tunes, who would be considered a good tuner?
Brenspeed races with the TCI 5R55s Super Street fighter trans. as well as the others that run out of that Shop.
I think they would be one of the ones to contact.

Here are the Links to contact them.

My Mustang is there right now and I will be there next Monday.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

I was going to wait until I had the car put back together to update this tread, bit it's been 2 months since I placed my order and STILL haven't received the TCI transmission. Brenspeed has been getting in contact with TCI who keeps telling them the trans is still missing the "hardened input shaft", which takes a 3-4 weeks heating process to complete.

None of this is Brenspeed's fault, say for a little "pet peeve" of the fact that they billed me immediately after I placed the order, and I've already had to place 2 payments for a part I have yet to receive. I trust brenspeed is going to follow through with the order (otherwise I wouldn't have placed the payments), but I feel they should have at least checked their inventory to see if they had the TCI trans in stock before billing me, or at least hold the bill until they shipped one.

I just hope that TCI transmission better be bullet-fkin-proof after all this wait. I'm going to beat the life out of my car, to make up for these 3 months of 4cyl suzuki vehicular lobotomy...
Old 10-29-2011, 11:04 AM
tigerhonaker
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Acerbus 2.0
I was going to wait until I had the car put back together to update this tread, bit it's been 2 months since I placed my order and STILL haven't received the TCI transmission. Brenspeed has been getting in contact with TCI who keeps telling them the trans is still missing the "hardened input shaft", which takes a 3-4 weeks heating process to complete.

None of this is Brenspeed's fault, say for a little "pet peeve" of the fact that they billed me immediately after I placed the order, and I've already had to place 2 payments for a part I have yet to receive. I trust Brenspeed is going to follow through with the order (otherwise I wouldn't have placed the payments), but I feel they should have at least checked their inventory to see if they had the TCI trans in stock before billing me, or at least hold the bill until they shipped one.

I just hope that TCI transmission better be bullet-fkin-proof after all this wait. I'm going to beat the life out of my car, to make up for these 3 months of 4cyl suzuki vehicular lobotomy...
I don't know if you wish or should I say want any comments but I will add a few in case you are looking for some.
Brenspeed bills anyone, (Including Me) immediately when an order is placed.
The real reason is in my opinion (IMO) because people order parts and some of them, (High Dollar) and then change their mind.
Then Brenspeed or any other Company is stuck with parts they don't normally carry in their inventory.
If they (Brenspeed) get full payment up front it is pretty much assured the customer is going to take the part or parts as they are pre-paid.
It's a tight economy still so companies have to do what is necessary to insure they stay in Business.

Regarding the TCI transmission.
It took a long time for mine to come in.
It is not a real quick process for sure.
I am telling you this so you know it is just not you being singled out or messed with.

I am very pleased with my TCI Super Street Fighter trans.
It is a real piece of work.
And it does get the job done on the 1/4 mile as you can see from my signature.
I don't think they are (Bullitt Proof) though.
I think if one Beats on it with No-Mercy on the street it can be Destroyed.
Or maybe I should say (Broken).

I have dealt with Brenspeed for over 3 yrs. and have had (Zero) complaints with their (Honesty).
So I am saying to you don't worry about Brenspeed providing you with what you Pre-Paid for.
They are a Reputable place of Business.

Hope this Post puts your mind at ease some that is the intent of it.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-29-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Regarding the TCI transmission.
It took a long time for mine to come in.
How much of a long time?
At least your car was still in working condition while you waited. Mine is just sitting there gathering dust.

And like I said, I'm not blaming brenspeed. I was just trying to give a heads up to anyone thinking of getting this transmission. You WILL have to wait. Get it before your stock one goes to sheet.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:11 PM
tigerhonaker
1st Gear Member

How much of a long time?
At least your car was still in working condition while you waited. Mine is just sitting there gathering dust.

And like I said, I'm not blaming brenspeed. I was just trying to give a heads up to anyone thinking of getting this transmission. You WILL have to wait. Get it before your stock one goes to sheet.
Not positive on the time but it was like maybe 2-3 months it seems like.
Not quick that is for sure from TCI.
Oh and I did not have my Bullitt it was at Brenspeed being changed from a manual 5-speed to the TCI auto.
Waiting if one has only one ride is a bitch for sure.
I had another car to drive so no big deal.
Married guy on this end.
In my case it was certainly worth the wait.
I'm glad I made the change as the Bullitt is a whole new Machine with the current set-up.
Check out the last build Post to see what all was done below.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showpost...postcount=5273

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showpost...postcount=5274

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthre...45#post2185445

Terry
Old 10-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

If I may ask something a bit offtopic, tiger; but I just noticed that "custom" rear seat delete brenspeed did for you in the links you posted.

Do you know if brenspeed sells this as a kit? Or was it just a one-off thing just for you, their customer of the year?
Old 10-29-2011, 05:30 PM
tigerhonaker
1st Gear Member

Smile

I have to Laugh some at the comment you did.
Brenspeed customer of the year.

That was a Custom Order for that seat delete package.

You can call Chandler though to get the contact info. on ordering what you want made up.

If I may ask something a bit offtopic, tiger; but I just noticed that "custom" rear seat delete brenspeed did for you in the links you posted.

Do you know if brenspeed sells this as a kit? Or was it just a one-off thing just for you, their customer of the year?
Old 10-30-2011, 12:26 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

FYI, if you would have upgraded the servos on your stock trans ahead of time, using the TCI billet servos, you might not have had trans issues. And ideally replace the input shaft, too, with their hardened one. Parts total is under $350 shipped.
So far mine's holding together just fine, but only around 500hp to the wheels so far.
That's with probably 75-100 track passes, too.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

RE:Tigerhonaker;

There's are Roush 427R up here with 700whp with a built GT500 manual trans running the same times you are.. I was gonna suggest a built stalled auto trans. .but what do I know? lol

Does that TCI trans shift harder than stock and get you down the 1/4 quicker or is it just built with sturdier internals. I am considering building up my auto trans, but not going over 500whp anytime soon..

Quick Reply: Add another 5r55s trans that took a crap with F/I