Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

4.10 (bully mode) install with brenspeed scheduled...what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Default 4.10 (bully mode) install with brenspeed scheduled...what to expect?

I know alot of guys here with a/t's are running 410s and I would like to hear from you regarding custom tunes, shift points and what (if anything) you would change to get the most out of this gear.
Heading to the motherland in Indiana (brenspeed) august 18th for the install and in two words....CAN'T WAIT, my back tires are not as excited.lol

2008 GT
Brenspeed tuned
Staggered 18" DDB's 255/295
Pype Violator A/B
Astra Hammon chin
TCI shifter
Coming soon: 4.10 gear!

Last edited by mayo; 07-22-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:50 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed does an excellent job installing the gears. I would not have changed anything if I could have gone back. I only broke mine for about 150 miles and gave it hell. They have worked great. No whine no nothing. U will certainly love the gearing and yes u will be blowing the rubber off those tires. U could ask chandler about setpoints for shifter. Im sure he would be able to give a no bull**** answer as to what options u have for that. There install is a bit pricey but worth it with all the horror stories of other places doing a gear swap. At the time I had them installed it was all i had done to the car. and mine is a auto. I took a trip to atlanta and got 24mpg. Since putting on the cams I have only gotten 20 though. OH well enjoy your new gears
Old 07-25-2011, 08:58 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I figured a few more would chime in mayo. Did you happen to call brenspeed and ask them directly your questions. What did they say
Old 07-25-2011, 09:47 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

hey outceltj, is your stang a DD? if so, how's she holding up with the 4.10's

i have an 07 auto, and was thinking of going 4.10, but was informed to go the 3.73 route
Old 07-25-2011, 02:40 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
hey outceltj, is your stang a DD? if so, how's she holding up with the 4.10's

i have an 07 auto, and was thinking of going 4.10, but was informed to go the 3.73 route
I still have the 410's. When I had them installed it was awesome. I was very happy I did not get the 373 as I was told that too. However one of the reasons I got 410's was b/c I knew I was getting cams in the future. But even if I wouldnt have I would have still gotten the same gear. I have since installed a saleen supercharger and I still love it. Lot of guys told me to not go this route but I love it. I like having that torque in 1 and 2nd gear. I however do not beat on my car all the time. I only go to the track 3 times a year but still want a 11 second car. So my experiences with 410's have been great. When I had them installed and everything esle was stock except the CAI I got 24mpg to atlanta and back (indianapolis). I was trying to get good gas mileage and thats hand calculated not by the car which can be up too 3 to 4 mpg off. I guess in my mind if your modding your mustang its generally to make it faster and better so dont hold back. Oh and if your wondering what I got in town it was around 19 to 20. So not bad... with 373's it will be better but not by much ateast not enough to care.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:14 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I figured a few more would chime in mayo. Did you happen to call brenspeed and ask them directly your questions. What did they say
I would love some more feedback, but I'm set on the 410!
Talked to Chandler and I believe we got it dailed in. I run a winter tune with the stock airbox and want it tuned down alittle for traction purposes in cold weather. The tune for the C&L intake should be a nobrainer for them at this point.
I'm hoping the increased tire diameter on my backs will suck up a little gear as my concern is how short 1st is with this gear and it is my hope that my cruizing rpm will be a little lower as well. The gas mileage thing I could care less about....its a mustang man!
Effective gear with the rears should be about 3.90 and I have read comments that 3.90 is the sweet spot with an auto....I hope they are right!
Thanks for the pic's from the show, enjoyed them! That grabber blue boss 302 is like my dream car
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I've noticed that having the auto drive in auto varies from driving an auto manually. They can be almost 2 different entities IMO. I never asked for anything specific on my Brenspeed tune. I gave them my mods. I just said it was a daily driver so it may be more mild. It shifts at ever 10mph interval until it hits 5th gear, so it's really not using the gear to it's maximum. I tend to get more out of my 4.10's when I drive it manual, but I don't have a TCI ratchet shifter and it's easy to skip gears with the stock shifter so I don't play around with it much.

Last edited by alkemist; 07-25-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:17 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
It shifts at ever 10mph interval until it hits 5th gear, so it's really not using the gear to it's maximum. I tend to get more out of my 4.10's when I drive it manual, but I don't have a TCI ratchet shifter and it's easy to skip gears with the stock shifter so I don't play around with it much.
Alke, you might try and stretch the shift point with your tuner. It will adjust up to 25% per shift.
I'm so gonna play with the shifter and shift points more when I get these, should be fun with the added torque.
Gonna go winter sluggo mode for one tune with the stock box, an 87 with intake for everyday...and a 93 ***** to the walls for Saturday night. That should cover the bases i hope.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:54 PM
05SatinSilverGT
2nd Gear Member

Glad to see you got your appointment setup, the wait will kill you. I still have another 8 days to go before they install my 4.10s & i'm about ready to just go drop it off on their lot. This may be a stupid question but are you providing your own gear oil or is that included in the install? (I forgot to ask ). Can't comment on the shiftpoints since mine's a 5 spd.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:11 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

depends on what they quoted but if you dont have it in your quote and your not supplying it chances they will charge u for what they use. I think they Royal Purple

Quick Reply: 4.10 (bully mode) install with brenspeed scheduled...what to expect?