MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   2008 BULLITT loosing power (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/650713-2008-bullitt-loosing-power.html)

!l!ch 08-17-2011 06:19 PM

2008 BULLITT loosing power

Hi there guys,

One big, big problem.
I have a 2008 Mustang Bullitt (actually a GT that is supposed to run better:P ) and after less than 3 years and about 20k miles (first owner) I felt a sudden drop of power.

To be precisely, it revs up just great and it speeds up as usual, as long as I don't hit the gas. When I'm at full gas it revs up heavy and sometimes it stops at about 4000 revs for a second or two.

Any computer diagnose is excellent and the mechanics don't have any solution.

THKS!

SpartaPerformance 08-17-2011 08:11 PM

Depends on your maintenance so far. Clean the throttlebody, get some carb cleaner and spray it down the intake manifold to clean the IMRC plates, clean/replace air filter, replace fuel filter and pcv and a bottle of Chevron Techron to half tank of gas.

Nuke 08-17-2011 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by !l!ch (Post 7658054)
...it revs up just great and it speeds up as usual, as long as I don't hit the gas...

How does it speed up if you don't "hit the gas"?

I'm hoping you can give some more info. Try those items that SpartaPerformance mentioned (do we HAVE a PCV?) as they are some of the basic maintenance items that could be associated with what you seem to describe, although I AM somewhat baffled by your info.

Blacksmoke 08-17-2011 10:54 PM

If you mean your RPMs are going up when you hit the gas but you are not gaining speed then your clutch could be slipping on you meaning time for a new clutch.
I may not be understanding your description though.

madmann26 08-18-2011 10:10 PM

The electronic pedal has been known to act up. You can reset this.

Recalibrating the gas pedal and throttle body:
1- Turn the ignition to ON without starting the engine(dashboard lights come on and chime sounds).
2- After the chime stops, smoothly depress the gas pedal to the floor while counting 1001-1002-1003.
3- Release the gas pedal using the same procedure in 2.
4- Wait 6 seconds, and turn the ignition to OFF.

Some people say it works, some don't but it's worth a try and it's free.

tigerhonaker 08-20-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by !l!ch (Post 7658054)
Hi there guys,

One big, big problem.
I have a 2008 Mustang Bullitt (actually a GT that is supposed to run better:P ) and after less than 3 years and about 20k miles (first owner) I felt a sudden drop of power.

To be precisely, it revs up just great and it speeds up as usual, as long as I don't hit the gas. When I'm at full gas it revs up heavy and sometimes it stops at about 4000 revs for a second or two.

Any computer diagnose is excellent and the mechanics don't have any solution.

THKS!

I suggest going to a different Shop.

It should be EASY for a Tech (Qualified) to Diagnose what is happening.

Just take the Service Manager for a ride and show them in person what is taking place.

tigerhonaker