Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Putting the power to the road

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I have the steeda ones and they are a great upgrade from the crap stockers
Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 PM
grandpajay
1st Gear Member

prehaps I did word the title of the thread wrong - I guess I'm not putting the power to the road so much as making sure it efficiently is transfered through the drivetrain ^_^? either way I am thinking of replacing basically the ENTIRE suspension system and getting staggered Nitto's on bulliet's one day
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I know this is slightly off topic since half of the thread is about drive train and the other half is about suspension, but I'll just mention that we offer MF members a 10% discount on UPR Products through our web store.

We have the control arms and pan hard bar you were talking about, all with a lifetime guarantee:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ackage-05.html

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-p...rd-bar-05.html
Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grandpajay
prehaps I did word the title of the thread wrong - I guess I'm not putting the power to the road so much as making sure it efficiently is transfered through the drivetrain ^_^? either way I am thinking of replacing basically the ENTIRE suspension system and getting staggered Nitto's on bulliet's one day
Yep, much better. Power to the road all starts in one place...RUBBER! Lets face it, what good is all that power and transfer of it with no grip? While it looks all cool to burn rubber all day it is not exactly beneficial to the ultimate goal which is felt power and quickness, not to mention drivability.
I got a question for ya...is she a dd or a garage ho?
Your list of mod's and how you are approaching them would be frightening to me as V is a dd. With that gearing and available torque on stock tires and suspension, drivability would be tuff on a daily basis, but for a garage ho its no biggie since you can wait to get all the other components in place to make it a more solid ride.
That's why I ask, and imo the most important question to be answered before planning a build. DD's can change the order of things like that.
My plan for the DD with an auto, so hopefully someone can offer input if i'm off
CAI/tune
RUBBER
Gear
TC
u/l CA's...after that its all about the SCer and that will require a new list of goodies.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mayo
My plan for the DD with an auto, so hopefully someone can offer input if i'm off
CAI/tune
RUBBER
Gear
TC
u/l CA's
That's a good plan, with 12-second potential N/A. Let me know if you need any help with the suspension.

Once thing to keep in mind is that if you're planning to add a blower later, you might want to order the torque converter to match the blower you're planning to add, otherwise you'll want to change the converter again when you add the blower.

Last edited by UPRSharad; 10-05-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:40 PM
grandpajay
1st Gear Member

I only bring out my beast on weekends and date night, but I do drive it around on the street - the power is a little hard to handle right now honestly. I'm 99% sure that's because I'm driving like a bitch though T.T user error! basically when I hit the throttle the car throws itself forward really hard and it's tough to keep my foot planted without having to stomp on the gas.

but I've gotten off topic, I drive it around town but not every day, every weekend - 2-3 times a week tops, I never street race but it is nice to show the ricers around here what real American muscle can do!

I do have a question about the UPR products... on AmericanMuscle.com the "hot item" is the J&M UCA/LCA - what's the big difference between your brand and theirs? if you don't mind me putting you guys on the spot

and as for the "build" of the car... I want a power house, a straight up race car, I see too many people putting mini turbos in civics around here, driving around with primer on their body kits and wings the size of my entire trunk cover - that's not a car, it's a joke. I want my Mustang built to the fullest potential, a real street monster. something I can cruise around in around town with my girlfriend and when some ricer comes up, the idle roar of my engine will be enough to make them back off or feel the wrath of a fully built pony ;-)

Last edited by grandpajay; 10-05-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:50 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grandpajay
when some ricer comes up, the idle roar of my engine will be enough to make them back off or feel the wrath of a fully built pony ;-)
I love that!
Just remember, if you play poker long enough, somebody is gonna call you!
Imagine a cheeta trying to run on ice...I will revert back to my original statement "no sticky...no quicky".

Thanks for bringing that to my attention about the tc and the sc'er bro...that's food for thought.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:53 PM
grandpajay
1st Gear Member

I am planning on getting new wheels and tires once I burn these bad boys off, I'd like a staggered bulliet set-up with sticky Nitto's... I'm thinking of throwing 1" wheel spacers upfront for a very agressive stance with the wheels sticking out in the back and lined up to the fender (maybe sticking out a tad) up front.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:01 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

No need for the spacers bro. Just order the 04 offset which is lower than our 05+, and will push the wheels out a bit for the look your after. There is a very good thread about it on the MF, just do a search....and yea the nitto's are a good bet, I love my 555's so far.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:18 PM
grandpajay
1st Gear Member

I just found the thread you were talking about with the 04 offsets - hell yea! those look perfect! that's the agressive stout stance I'm shooting for when I eventually get stickys

Quick Reply: Putting the power to the road