Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Exhaust help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:02 PM
JakeO

Default Exhaust help please

I got a 2008 bone stock gt. I want a axle back exhaust to start off my modding bug but can't decide what to get. I really like flow master no matter what people say about them. But I need some opinions. I'm between the flows and pypes pype bombs. Also what series of flows sound best on these 3v engine
Old 02-29-2012, 05:05 PM
DTMR
2nd Gear Member

The borlas sound good but are a little quiet until you add headers and x-pipe SLPs and bassanis sound great too I would go with one of those three for best sound and performance
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Personally, my first mod would be a CAI & tune for the performance gains before I do an exhaust which will only improve tone. But if it's exhaust you want, then I suggest you find a local club and personally listen to what they have. Sound clips on the web don't do ANY system justice.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:48 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

+1 what Nuke said.

Also, you need to consider what mods you are planning to do as they may alter exhaust tone/loudness. For example, I loved my Steeda/Borla stingers before I got cams, but I didn't like the way they sounded after the cam install. My Flows sound perfect with my Detroit Rockers...
Old 02-29-2012, 09:16 PM
SILVER10GT

SSS adrenaline series is what I have. Love the sound.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
+1 what Nuke said.

Also, you need to consider what mods you are planning to do as they may alter exhaust tone/loudness. For example, I loved my Steeda/Borla stingers before I got cams, but I didn't like the way they sounded after the cam install. My Flows sound perfect with my Detroit Rockers...

Yup..........I have changed my exhaust 4 times. Plan for the long term. Get a cai and tune first too.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:56 AM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

I'm also going to agree with Flowmaster. I love the sound of them, always have. And they definitely sound good with cams.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I like my Mac Boomtubes but don't know that they'll sound like after other mods. My local shop will bring me in and keep swapping mufflers until I'm happy thou so I can hear each one.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 PM
JakeO

Don't have the cash right now for the tuner and cai. But that's on my list but for now I just want my car to sound like a mustang besides being so quiet. Il prolly go with the American thunder flows axle back if I decide to get a x pipe later on. Straight through exhaust with a x pipe are to poppy (if you will) for my liking. What you guys think?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:41 AM
DTMR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JakeO
Don't have the cash right now for the tuner and cai. But that's on my list but for now I just want my car to sound like a mustang besides being so quiet. Il prolly go with the American thunder flows axle back if I decide to get a x pipe later on. Straight through exhaust with a x pipe are to poppy (if you will) for my liking. What you guys think?
when you get it tuned right that changes and the popping sounds good! straight through mufflers are gonna be louder than the chambered ones and less restrictive

Quick Reply: Exhaust help please