Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

vorteck v3 supercharger(first mods)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:31 PM
bigslash

Default vorteck v3 supercharger(first mods)

im looking into getting this supercharger for my 2008 gt was wondering what mods should i do first after i get this SC. was thinking gears then CAI and then when i bounce back in a year or two do the exaust

if this would be good then cool but if not what should i do first after i get my SC
Old 03-05-2012, 02:10 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigslash
im looking into getting this supercharger for my 2008 gt was wondering what mods should i do first after i get this SC. was thinking gears then CAI and then when i bounce back in a year or two do the exaust

if this would be good then cool but if not what should i do first after i get my SC
Supercharger and exhaust works for me!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:05 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

It really all depends on what your goal is for the car. Is it a daily driver, street, street/track, track?

Adding all of that power I would at least first get an upper and lower control arm set.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Don't worry about cai/tuners, you will get that with the v3. I would concentrate more on hook-up with the additional power and that all starts with the rubber!
Wheels and tires would be first on my list along with the proper gear swap. Since the v3 does not make power down low, I would think 4.10 gearing would be the obvious choice. After those two were addressed I would consider upgrading the exhaust and other suspension components as needed.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:42 PM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

If anything get new lower control arms for the rear. They'll help with traction.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:56 PM
bigslash

Default mods

the car is for daily driving probaly.

i do not know much about suspension mods like what kind how much they cost parts and for install. and i assume there for better handeling.

ok thanks for the info on the cai i did not know that,

how much would it cost to redue the tires would i need to get new rims to or just rubber.

right now ill probaly get the v3 and a set of 4:1 gears, depending on how much suspension mods cost and if there really worth it
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

you auto or manual? what current gears do you have...
Old 03-06-2012, 07:26 AM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

the car is for daily driving probaly.

i do not know much about suspension mods like what kind how much they cost parts and for install. and i assume there for better handeling.

ok thanks for the info on the cai i did not know that,

how much would it cost to redue the tires would i need to get new rims to or just rubber.

right now ill probaly get the v3 and a set of 4:1 gears, depending on how much suspension mods cost and if there really worth it
Lca's and tires will help u get the power on the ground. They are for both traction and handling. They eliminate wheel hop issue and allow for good hooks. Search on american muscle. I have the J&M's work great. Are you going to instal the sc yourself?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Taxman72

I just bought this same supercharger set up but haven't put it on yet. What the guy earlier was saying about gears is golden advice. Centrifugal SC's build boost at higher RPM levels, so the lower the gear, the better. 4:10's will get you there quick. I have 3:73 in mine and I wish I had gone with 4:10 when I did the swap.

After you get it on, you'll get a better idea of what your needs are. If you have a lot of wheel hop, you'll want to do upper and lower control arms. You won't have wheel hop though if your tires aren't biting, so tires are very important. As far as next engine mod, long tube headers will open her up a bit.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:21 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

well said...taxman you auto or manual? I'd be surprised you'd get a lot of wheel hop with a centri...

Quick Reply: vorteck v3 supercharger(first mods)