Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Horsepower Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
RyansWhipple
Banned

Default Horsepower Upgrades

Hey guys, I currently drive a 2007 Mustang GT. I was looking for suggestions to improve my horsepower. I'm looking to gain up to 100RWHP. I currently have 506RWHP.

Here's my mod list...

Whipple high output supercharger

10lbs boost

373 ford racing complete rear

Eibach pro kit lowering springs

CHE anti squat brackets

BMR billet lower control arms

BMR adjustable panhard bar

CHE kmember brace w/ engine torque limiters

Ford racing CAI

Mac axle-back exhaust

Last edited by RyansWhipple; 05-09-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:25 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Everything.

Change all your internals for compression, cams, high flow heads, long tubes. Do all that and you'll be on your way to more than 100hp. Also, get the Whipple monoblade throttlebody.

The cheap way in your case to get to 100 more would be a logntube and x-pipe exhaust with the monoblade throttlebody.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:52 PM
RyansWhipple
Banned

Originally Posted by JCON
Everything.

Change all your internals for compression, cams, high flow heads, long tubes. Do all that and you'll be on your way to more than 100hp. Also, get the Whipple monoblade throttlebody.

The cheap way in your case to get to 100 more would be a logntube and x-pipe exhaust with the monoblade throttlebody.
But could my 4.6 handle it? It's 600hp at the flywheel as is... Anything more and I feel like it's start breaking. Maybe if I get a 5.0L stroker kit?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:02 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

You will need to change your internals, esp rods, most likely. I would wait for some of the big guys to weigh in. One of your wheels almost makes as much power as both of mine...

I'm surprised you haven't popped your engine with no real exhaust mods. You still have cats on right?

Last edited by JCON; 12-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM
RyansWhipple
Banned

I actually just got off the phone with a friend at Cj Pony Parts. He told me the only thing he would recommend would be to stroke it. Anything else would risk screwing up the car.

His buddy had an '03 Cobra with 600RWHP and a year later it started making clanking noises at the bottom. So he sold it.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 PM
RyansWhipple
Banned

Originally Posted by JCON
You will need to change your internals, esp crank, most likely. I would wait for some of the big guys to weigh in. One of your wheels almost makes as much power as both of mine...

I'm surprised you haven't popped your engine with no real exhaust mods. You still have cats on right?
Sorry I didn't see your question, yes I still have the cats. Why are you surprised I haven't "popped" my engine?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:22 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

The amount of exhaust gases going in to something as restrictive as EPA certified cats baffles me lol. I bet if you added longtube headers with high-flow cats or straight pipes and a better crossover (I recommend ProChamber) will get you a ton more horsepower. You're shoving air in faster than it can get out.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Get yourself a forged shortblock.

And move to the Mid West, where you practically don't even have to have all 4 wheels to be street legal.

MOST people I know run long tubes and catless. Many people I know don't have doors or mirrors. Some don't even have headlights and taillights.

We welcome you and your insane emissions output.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 PM
RyansWhipple
Banned

Good to know I'm welcome if I ever do decide to move there. Which is probably never going to happen, but still.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
We welcome you and your insane emissions output.
I run straight pipes in my V8 in hopes of making winter warmer so I can put my top down

Quick Reply: Horsepower Upgrades