Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

I don't search I just post new threads

Old 06-25-2012, 05:18 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Default I don't search I just post new threads

Haha,

Sup fellas. I used to post a lot in 4.6 2V section when I had my 04. It has been a little bit since I have been in a Stang. I just bought a 10 GT. I didn't realize until I got home I have the most awkard year ever made lol. So...are engine parts the same as 05-09, or are they one offs? Exhaust? Tuners? Etc etc, any help is appreciated. I have looked around a little, but figured I'd ask for the peeps that love to help.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

About 99% of your performance mods are the same. The air intakes are different and axlebacks are the same with the exception of the length of the tip that protrudes out the cutout. It's your tune that gives you the additional 15 crank HP over the 05 thru 09 (it's actually the FRPP Bullitt tune used on the Bullitt model). There are probably some other minor things which elude me at the moment.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Exhaust wise they are the same. They changed the heads slightly in mid 08, but only to switch to a different spark plug. Get a cold air intake and tune from www.brenspeed.com or another mustang performance shop, as you probably know, there are a bunch of them online. A new tune is very noticeable on the 3v's.

Stay away from throttle bodies and aftermarket coil-on-plugs (COPS).

Or you could skip all that and get a whipple! There's no better feeling than unnatural aspiration!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:46 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Thanks dude. It has a Hurst short throw, I thought that was an option in the 11's(correct me if I'm wrong), is it in mine, or is that aftermarket? It also looks lowered and has blue springs, do you know if they do that stock in this year? Also the exhaust is chrome and has a bit of a rumble, but I don't see any names on the mufflers, do they do that as an option?

Sorry, I had about every aftermarket part I could on my 2v including vortech w/meth injection, but these years I'm clueless.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Exhaust wise they are the same. They changed the heads slightly in mid 08, but only to switch to a different spark plug. Get a cold air intake and tune from www.brenspeed.com or another mustang performance shop, as you probably know, there are a bunch of them online. A new tune is very noticeable on the 3v's.

Stay away from throttle bodies and aftermarket coil-on-plugs (COPS).

Or you could skip all that and get a whipple! There's no better feeling than unnatural aspiration!
Thanks dude. I know a guy that has an SCT tuner for 250 I might jump on right now.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Don't be as concerned about the tuner as you should be with the tunes. Many people buy used tuners only to find them locked and have to pay to get them unlocked, then still pay to get custom tunes that'll work on their PCM. Do it right and buy a combo from AM or Brenspeed.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Don't be as concerned about the tuner as you should be with the tunes. Many people buy used tuners only to find them locked and have to pay to get them unlocked, then still pay to get custom tunes that'll work on their PCM. Do it right and buy a combo from AM or Brenspeed.
It is unlocked and I have a very good local tuner I frequent. Thanks though.

Any ideas on the shifter, springs, or exhaust? Stock or aftermarket?
Old 06-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Hurst is aftermarket. Blue springs may be Eibach (my Eibachs are blue.) Shiny rumbly exhaust could be stock or aftermarket.

Last edited by Diabolical!; 06-26-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

You don't need to spend the money on a custom tune unless you have mods that warrant it like FI. Brenspeed or AM are worth the cost.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:48 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilcrate
It is unlocked and I have a very good local tuner I frequent. Thanks though.

Any ideas on the shifter, springs, or exhaust? Stock or aftermarket?
Originally Posted by 808muscle
You don't need to spend the money on a custom tune unless you have mods that warrant it like FI. Brenspeed or AM are worth the cost.
Not likely to talk anyone in this area into getting a canned/email tune over taking our cars to Bobcat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I don't search I just post new threads