Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

color choice!

Old 09-01-2012, 01:43 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Default color choice!

Hey everybody, im looking to get an 05-09 GT and im going to play it smart and not impulse buy and just wait for a car that really hits home for me. What im thinking is either get a white, yellow, or a legend lime GT because i like the look of off-setting the car with a different color, for example- black spoiler, louvers, etc.

so i'll sum this up:
1) can anybody post pictures of their white, yellow, or legend lime GT's with some goodies on them? bonus points if you have appearance mods to off set the car! (black spoiler, black louvers, anything that makes the car stand out)

2) Tell me which color you would prefer!

3)any opinions on the matter would be helpful and is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:59 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I don't have any of those colors, but screaming yellow was my first choice when I was shopping. Unfortunately screaming yellow was only produced in 2005, they changed to grabber orange, which reminds me of the color they put on school buses.

Legend lime is hard to find, especially if you want a GT, not many were produced.

Can't really comment on white. My previous car to my mustang was white, had that for over 11 years, kind of got tired looking at that color.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:15 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
I don't have any of those colors, but screaming yellow was my first choice when I was shopping. Unfortunately screaming yellow was only produced in 2005, they changed to grabber orange, which reminds me of the color they put on school buses.

Legend lime is hard to find, especially if you want a GT, not many were produced.

Can't really comment on white. My previous car to my mustang was white, had that for over 11 years, kind of got tired looking at that color.
Im thinking white will get boring after awhile too, thats why im thinking if i put alot of black exterior mods on it to offset it, it may be a clean look that wont get boring.

as for the legend lime, that color is just badass, but youre right, its rare.

I actually kind of like grabber orange, but i really dont know wwhat colors you could put on it to keep it from being overdone
Old 09-01-2012, 09:23 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Originally wanted a Legend Lime but bought two black 05's and don't regret it. Would get a white one though, looks very nice and with two wide blue stripes looks awesome.

Make sure you buy a 2008 or newer. I know it will cost more but they had revisions that were for the better and IMO it's worth not dealing with the early production problems.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:43 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Gotta love white. Easy to keep clean. Stands out. Everything matches it.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

There is NOTHING as mean as a black Mustang.
Yup there is more responsibility in cleaning but once you get the hang of it, it's a cinch.
Plus it gets you in the habit of TAKING care of your car all around better in my opinion.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:52 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Great replies guys! Every color has its own pros and cons. For exmplae: white is very easy to clean and everything matches it, but its a very common color and may be boring. But i dont know since ive never owned one!

As for black, i would like to get a black mustang and call it a stealth mustang...(black everything out). That looks pretty nice!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
Great replies guys! Every color has its own pros and cons. For exmplae: white is very easy to clean and everything matches it, but its a very common color and may be boring. But i dont know since ive never owned one!

As for black, i would like to get a black mustang and call it a stealth mustang...(black everything out). That looks pretty nice!

Best idea on here!
Here is our 06GT we had that was black with matte black stripes
I cant tell how how often people would give me thumbs up, compliments at gas stations, etc. It was CONSTANT.
Well... it still is with the GT500 lol but I couldn't believe people dug the GT the way they did too. I'd take the charcoal stripes off our GT500 right now and do matte black... it's just that I want to keep it original....
Anyways, here's the 06GT we had. Like I said before...NOTHING looks as mean as a black Mustang!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:20 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Get white and black it out, wheels, tint, badges etc..... Silver is another easy to keep clean car and blacks out nicely too. I have a black Viper truck and when clean its amazing. Keeping it clean, HUGE pita.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:28 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

How does this look? It is Grabber Orange with some black features. If I knew how to upload a new picture I would. The car now has black rims, a black spoiler and black rocker stripes!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: color choice!