Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Catch Can

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
I think I'm going to dump my UPR catch can and order a JLT unit. The UPR can works fine, but the hose/clamps suck. I saw a post that mentioned UPR was working on a hose upgrade for their cans. I emailed them and asked if something like that would be available soon. I would order one today. They didn't even have the courtesy to answer. Screw them.
Goldenpony,

I see that you sent me a PM on Friday, unfortunately today (Monday) was my first visit back to MustangForums since then. I apologize for not being able to respond quicker. Even though our catch can hose/clamps work very well (I have about 10k miles on mine) my boss is working on a hose upgrade for those who prefer a more aesthetically pleasing design. I'd be happy to put you at the front of the line to make this upgrade.

For future reference, our phone lines are open 8AM-10PM, 7 days a week, and we welcome the opportunity to address any customer service issues immediately. We certainly strive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction, and we would like to satisfy you as well.

UPRSharad
www.uprproducts.com
Old 12-19-2012, 10:07 AM
DTMR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Scott2
Do you have any pictures you can share?
Sorry about the wait! its been raining here in NJ and my catch can is usually shiny and spotless but i havent had a chance to polish it ignore the smudges
Attached Thumbnails Catch Can-photo.jpg   Catch Can-photo-copy.jpg  
Old 12-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Off with the UPR, On with the JLT

Received my new JLT can today (got the black anodized one). Took off the UPR and snapped the JLT on in seconds. I was a bit concerned if the JLT was as large as the UPR. Not much difference at all. The JLT looks like it was there from the factory.

Last edited by Goldenpony; 12-20-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:17 AM
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DTMR
Sorry about the wait! its been raining here in NJ and my catch can is usually shiny and spotless but i havent had a chance to polish it ignore the smudges
No problem on the wait! Thanks for the pictures, looks good.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM
BrianK
2nd Gear Member

How much 'oil' are you getting in your catch cans? I made one from an air filter and 5/8" rubber hose but haven't run the car since I installed it? I also put in some of that copper scrub stuff.

I have put the same setup on a GMC Envoy and a Chrysler 300 and get about 1/4 cup of oily crap every 3000 miles so I know this setup is working to some extent.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Esch
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Goldenpony,

I see that you sent me a PM on Friday, unfortunately today (Monday) was my first visit back to MustangForums since then. I apologize for not being able to respond quicker. Even though our catch can hose/clamps work very well (I have about 10k miles on mine) my boss is working on a hose upgrade for those who prefer a more aesthetically pleasing design. I'd be happy to put you at the front of the line to make this upgrade.

For future reference, our phone lines are open 8AM-10PM, 7 days a week, and we welcome the opportunity to address any customer service issues immediately. We certainly strive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction, and we would like to satisfy you as well.

UPRSharad
www.uprproducts.com
Just wondering if the UPR catch can is available with the upgraded hoses yet.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

funny as i have heard that upr catch cans do a great job catching oil.

I also wanted to point out something I think is funny that businesses now days have to put up with. And that is consumers thinking they will get fast answers by posting a question for a business on a forum or FB or whatever. Why not just call the business and get your question answered. And if they dont answer just call back in a few. Crazy how a cell phone was once made to make calls
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Well some people don't like calling people they've never talked to before, personally I prefer to e-mail people before I ever call them.

And I'd rather meet them before calling (but thats not really an option.)
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Email is free and there's a visual record of the converstation. It makes way more business sense than answering phones. I'm surprised businesses even have phones nowadays.

I get about a 1/4 of a cup after 3500 miles in mine. After replacing my cam covers with frpp covers, I feel less suction at idle when placing my hand over the oil filler tube, so I'm curious to see how much oil I collect now. I don't think my original pcv valve was working all that well. Shame on ford for making it impossible to replace.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

The UPR cans are fine. I used to get around a 1/4 cup between oil changes if I babied the car. However, with alot of boosted runs I would get alot more. Hence my only problem with the UPR was that it was too small. If I neglected to empty it, the can could fill up and the oil would start getting sucked into the throttle body. So I went to the bigger Moroso can.

With the UPR, I bought some pipe thread to AN male ends to install into the can. Then I used some push-loc hose and ends and used the stock click-type ends on the engine side. I use the same set-up with the Moroso now.