Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

motor seems seized, but is it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 AM
JimC

Nuclearmuscle, calm down or this thread is locked.

People are simply commenting on the facts you posted.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

So did you do any preliminary diagnostics yet? Interested to see how much that move could end up costing . . .

Not much that can seize an engine peacefully (quietly).
Old 02-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

While we're waiting, let's assume it's hydrolocked as Diabolical mentioned. How would one go about confirming that? If the OP can't hand-turn the engine, do you pull the plugs and then hand crank one-at-a-time?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

That's cute jimmy, they made you a mod here! However this isn't a V6 subforum, so I don't know what you are doing here. This is a tech subforum, dear moderator. Tech means stay on topic and post only factual replies. The purpose being; anybody googling a similar problem can quickly and easily find help without having to scroll through comment after comment about somebody getting all steamed up over the fact that I was ripping through a parking lot in the middle of nowhere with my electric cutouts closed. Safe to assume you are targeting me since you have a personal grudge against me from previous hilarity. Asking me to calm down? I asked three times for people to keep it on topic. Sounds like I'm doing a better job moderating than you are. If you need to lock this thread for the MINOR comments posted here, boost your frail ego and do so. I'm not getting much help here anyway.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:57 AM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

hydrolocked would be sweet, since it would be an easy fix. I'm probably tearing the motor down anyway for a saleen stroker kit but to get it running in the meantime would be more convenient.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Nuclearmuscle, for an educated gearhead, you're really a fuggin' azzhole.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 PM
JimC

PM to you nuclearmuscle -
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

NuclearMuscle523,

Please keep your ego in check and refrain from disrespecting staff. Thank you and drive to the next window please....without redlining.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

You aren't going to seize a motor by redlining it while it's cold. You could spin a bearing.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 PM
NuclearMuscle523

Originally Posted by Nuke
Nuclearmuscle, for an educated gearhead, you're really a fuggin' azzhole.
Honestly, he and I go back. It's customary. We have a weird understanding where we bond over insults and ****ty attitudes. I also get really pissed at the typical forum environment where people express their stupid opinions when they aren't asked for. 'Tis why I never spend much time on forums, but instead in real life helping friends with cars and fixing problems on the cars of people I sell things to on craigslist(for free). I'm a good person, I don't need blind judgment from cyber goons.

Thanks to you too, CodyGt3000 or whatever. That was... a 1.5/10 for an insult.

Spun bearing was one of my guesses. I considered the possibily oil had not yet made it's rounds and fully coated the thrust face or any journal adequately. Usually just results in a babbit wipe not a fusion so I am still left to ponder.

Quick Reply: motor seems seized, but is it?