Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Brenspeed to a Bama tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 01:11 AM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

Default Brenspeed to a Bama tune

Has anyone swapped a brenspeed tune for a bama tune, and liked it better? Don't get me wrong I like my brenspeed tune, I do feel like my lower rpms up to 3k lacks a bit, after 3k is a different story though. I am just curious because bama has the three different tunes and I hear they ask way more questions about your mods, driving style ect. I am really thinking about the race tune and possibly the hybrid tune I read about of here. Thanks guys

Last edited by mattstang2007; 08-31-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:44 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mattstang2007
Has anyone swapped a brenspeed tune for a bama tune, and liked it better? Don't get me wrong I like my brenspeed tune, I do feel like my lower rpms up to 3k lacks a bit, after 3k is a different story though. I am just curious because bama has the three different tunes and I hear they ask way more questions about your mods, driving style ect. I am really thinking about the race tune and possibly the hybrid tune I read about of here. Thanks guys
Before you drop more money on email tunes, I would suggest you go to a reputable shop and actually get tuned. Email tunes can be better or worse based on many factors but nothing beats a good custom tune.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:54 PM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

See when I asked brenspeed about that, they said don't waste your money. Because they do so many supercharged stangs that they were pretty spot on. So I took their word for it.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:34 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JCON
Before you drop more money on email tunes, I would suggest you go to a reputable shop and actually get tuned. Email tunes can be better or worse based on many factors but nothing beats a good custom tune.
This.

Of course they're going to tell you that you shouldn't worry about it and they can handle it. They're running a business. I'm sure they have a good base and you may be happy with that tune alone but if you truly want to optimize your setup, a reputable tuner providing a dyno tune is the best solution.

And a BAMA tune will not be worth it vs. the Brenspeed tune. For the cost, you will not reap much, if any, reward.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:07 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Well, I have had both, I had a Bama tune on my 2005 GT, then I got it S/C'rd at Brenspeed and they dyno tuned it. I purchased a 2011 GT, put a Brenspeed tune on it and loved it. The only problem was I was overly paranoid about the #8 cylinder issue that was happening to some people. So, when I traded in my 2011 for a 2012GT, I put a Bama back on it for piece of mind.

Now, from my experience, I love the Brenspeed Tune so much more than Bama. The car just performs better. But as Baker and some others have said, take it to a shop...but here's the cool part of where you are at, you live in Indiana...just drive to Brenspeed and have them tune it...you get the best of both worlds. Chandler and Brent are awesome at what they do, they should be able to hook you up.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:01 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Yea I'd say stick with brenspeed. Ask them to give you some more power in the lower rpms. Get a Dyno and have some adjustments. They could be trying to save you some money bc as was already stated it probably won't be worth it. If you want more get a smaller pulley. Or redo the bottom end
Old 09-01-2013, 02:53 AM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

Good advice guys.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mattstang2007
It sounds like with your styling of driving, you'd really like the Hybrid tune. This is designed to help you pick up some low end torque but not loose anything in the mid-top end range!

However, with a supercharged set up and your current mod list I would also recommend taking your car to a dyno. At this time in your build, having the car in front of the tuner is important. We could offer you a safe tune and your Mustang will definitely run good but we could definitely pull some more power out with the car in front of us, on the rollers. Track down a good tuner in your area that can strap your car down to the dyno, this is going to be your best bet!

I hope this helps. Remember, this just my my .02!

-Dan