Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Stock 06 4.6L

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Patrick533

Originally Posted by ghunt
Sounds like some nice reputable guys you're dealing with there.
Them and the extended warranty company! I have a perfectly good dealer here in the city I live in but the insurance company insisted I had to drive it 35 miles to the one I purchased it from. It just read the contract, in California by law you don't have to do that. But the warranty company verbally insisted that I take it out of town. When I just brought that to their attention they did not want to talk any more.

I really wish I could out the dealer here but more then likely there is a forum rule against it.........

The local dealer said that the other dealer was not doing the right testing on it to diagnose it, bring it to him and he would have it back to me running perfect in 72 hours and the insurance would be paying for it.

When I asked the tech had he done "XYZ" tests, he walked away and did not answer!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Patrick533

Odd.

I went in Saturday and talked to the shop manager. Let him know that I was very much a gear head back in the day, we talked for a while and he reviewed my service records. I asked a lot of questions about why they had NOT run various tests. The service manager calls me today and says that she needs my permission to tear the engine down further that it is only procedural, I bought the best insurance they had and it would be covered by insurance.

Shes says they will call me tomorrow with the GREAT news.

'06 Windveil blue GT(polished to a bright luster), fully loaded, Shaker 1000, premium gas tune, X pipe......

I really want my ride back and hope they come through!

Probably being greedy, but is it too much to hope for a fresh long block?
Old 10-08-2013, 07:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I would rule out the alternator before I trust any of their compression tests or smoke tests. They sound incompetent. As has all ready been said, the stock alternators cause AC ripple to leak into the electrical system and reek havoc on the cam position sensors, which make the car run like crap.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Patrick533

Well, the intake manifold runner part thing got sucked through the engine. That would make sense why I seen damage on the plug, the horse shoe was bent to one side on the plug(cathode?). They said it went all the way through the engine and out the exhaust. But as usual I got my 30 second snippet of information for the day and they are too busy to give me any more information until tomorrow.(Yes, that is what the dealer told me in a nutshell, they were too busy for me tonight!). I guess when you show up and raise holy hell that it is only good for a day!

I wonder why a bore scope did NOT see this, I figure this part flying through there would have banged some more stuff up besides the spark plug?

Hmmmmmm. It went from a head gasket to this. Where do they they train these mechanics at Mattel?