Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

A little unhappy with my AM order!

Old 02-19-2014, 07:40 PM
GCCBrian
1st Gear Member

Default A little unhappy with my AM order!

I've waited almost a year, and i've finally made my decision to order the JLT 110mm Series 3 CAI & BAMA Tuner for $579.99. When I made the order I received zero confirmation emails, and not a single email from BAMA. I waited a day, and called AM, and Steven (I believe his name was) was able to help me out. He sent me the confirmation email, along with the BAMA Tuning email which I then had to fill out. Now that it's been two days that i've sent that email I have yet to receive another one. I have no idea where i'm at in the process, if I had possibly done something wrong, or if my item has even shipped yet. I've done many purchases from American Muscle before, which has always left me a happy and returning customer, but once I spend over $500 suddenly I don't get the same treatment i did from previous transactions.

To those of you that did purchase a CAI & Intake combo, did you go through the same? Am I doing anything wrong, also how long does it take to receive the item?

I ordered this item on the 15th and it's been four days with no emails, other than the ones Steven had sent me because I asked for them. I'm very unhappy. I have no way to even track my item to see if it shipped.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Once you answer the 19 questions regarding your car, mods, driving style, etc. it will take a few days for them to write the tunes and send your products out. Most items are same day shipping with the exception of tuners.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:50 AM
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

I cannot speak to BAMA tunes as I have not purchased that item. But since 2009 I have made 17 purchases from AM in various amounts and have had excellent communication and service in all cases. I did run into a back order situation on a custom wheel and tire purchase but AM kept me informed through email on the situation. If I had a complaint it would be it seems that every email you get (other than their advertising) is in a different format. I wish they provided a straight forward consistent email invoice regarding purchases.

Having said the above, hopefully you situation will be resolved shortly.

Good luck with the installation of the CAI and loading the tune!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:14 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GCCBrian
I've waited almost a year, and i've finally made my decision to order the JLT 110mm Series 3 CAI & BAMA Tuner for $579.99. When I made the order I received zero confirmation emails, and not a single email from BAMA. I waited a day, and called AM, and Steven (I believe his name was) was able to help me out. He sent me the confirmation email, along with the BAMA Tuning email which I then had to fill out. Now that it's been two days that i've sent that email I have yet to receive another one. I have no idea where i'm at in the process, if I had possibly done something wrong, or if my item has even shipped yet. I've done many purchases from American Muscle before, which has always left me a happy and returning customer, but once I spend over $500 suddenly I don't get the same treatment i did from previous transactions.

To those of you that did purchase a CAI & Intake combo, did you go through the same? Am I doing anything wrong, also how long does it take to receive the item?

I ordered this item on the 15th and it's been four days with no emails, other than the ones Steven had sent me because I asked for them. I'm very unhappy. I have no way to even track my item to see if it shipped.
I'm sorry to hear bout the lack of communication! This doesn't sound like a good experience and I'll make sure I take care of you. I'm not exactly sure why you haven't been receiving email updates. You should have received a confirmation email at the point of purchase, then you should receive an email with the 19 questions to fill out for your Bama tune and last but not least a shipping confirmation. The Shipping confirmation for a Bama tuner won't come for about 2-3 days because we allow that time to write the tunes and load them to your device.

I'll make sure your order is in good shape and sent all email updates. Please shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll have our Customer Service Manager contact you directly! We value you as a customer and friend and would hate to lose you as a customer. We'll always bend over backwards to make sure our customers are in good hands! We really appreciate your patience and I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Dan
Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 PM
GCCBrian
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm sorry to hear bout the lack of communication! This doesn't sound like a good experience and I'll make sure I take care of you. I'm not exactly sure why you haven't been receiving email updates. You should have received a confirmation email at the point of purchase, then you should receive an email with the 19 questions to fill out for your Bama tune and last but not least a shipping confirmation. The Shipping confirmation for a Bama tuner won't come for about 2-3 days because we allow that time to write the tunes and load them to your device.

I'll make sure your order is in good shape and sent all email updates. Please shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll have our Customer Service Manager contact you directly! We value you as a customer and friend and would hate to lose you as a customer. We'll always bend over backwards to make sure our customers are in good hands! We really appreciate your patience and I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Dan
Thank you, I went ahead and sent out the PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:27 PM
trexflyer
1st Gear Member

Definitely not the normal experience. I placed 3 seperate orders on Monday (dang impulse add on buys lol) and my inbox is overwhelmed with confirmations, shipping info, tracking #'s, etc.
Since you're getting your first tunes loaded on the tuner before its shipped to you it might be taking a day or two. Did your email direct you to http://bama.americanmuscle.com/custom.php?
The directions for ordering future custom tunes are a little vague but pretty easy. Go to AM and place an order for "Free tunes for life", wait for the confirmation email, go back to bama.americanmuscle.com, put in your order #, answer the questions about the mods you're installing and that's it. I did the exact thing 2 days ago and had the new tunes emailed to me in 2-3 hours....wish they could email my parts to me too but they will be here on Monday.
Hope this helps and everything gets resolved for you.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:36 AM
GCCBrian
1st Gear Member

Still received no emails. I logged into my account to see that it has been shipped with the given tracking number. By far the worst experience i've ever had with American Muscle, or any online purchase. Hell, those Asians that sell crap on eBay have done a better job on an LED License plate bulb for $5.99 + free shipping. I also never got a response from Dan at American Muscle, and didn't get any contact from the Customer Service Manager. By the time they see this the package should have arrived at my door.....I hope.

I ordered this on the 15th, and it's not going to arrive until Scheduled Delivery: Thursday, 02/27/2014, By End of Day
Last Location:
Departed - West Chester, PA, United States, Friday, 02/21/2014

12 days to receive a package, let's knock off two days for the tuning, so that's 10 days to receive my item I ordered. Surprised they wouldn't bother rushing the order..

Last edited by GCCBrian; 02-21-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:01 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

When I ordered my Steeda CAI combo it took approx. 2 weeks. Other than that, anything I have ever ordered from AM has been wicked fast. Maybe perhaps the email was mispelled by a single letter? its possible thats why the automated system isn't working?
Old 02-21-2014, 12:05 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GCCBrian
Thank you, I went ahead and sent out the PM.
You're welcome! Thanks for sending me a PM. I've got your information sent over to the Bama team and they'll be reaching out to you shortly!

-Dan
Old 02-21-2014, 01:07 PM
DAD_23
1st Gear Member

Your email provider may be blocking their address. Make sure to white list it.
Check your Spam/Bulk folder as well. Most public emails like Google hide that folder by default.

I have ordered tons of stuff from AM have have gotten emails right away from them every single time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A little unhappy with my AM order!