Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

2006 Base Coupe Interior Water Leak - Carpet is soaked

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 02:31 PM
romolicious

i have made sure that area is clean. it hasn't rained in northern Illinois for a while. which is why i find it so weird this is happening now. I have driven the car with water pouring through the passenger side and heard my heating coil - or something sizzle - never had an issue. this spring was pretty wet there were a few times I would go to my car and there would be a couple inches of water soaking the whole passenger side area from the firewall to the rear passenger area

I think this is must be damage from all the other times water has leaked in my car. I have also checked - the break lights are working. the key is stuck in the ignition and doesn't seem to be draining the battery. I was going t check the wiring harnesses but that is above my skill level. I am trying to avoid going to the dealership - that will mean big money

i have made sure that area is clean. it hasn't rained in northern Illinois for a while. which is why i find it so weird this is happening now. I have driven the car with water pouring through the passenger side and heard my heating coil - or something sizzle - never had an issue. this spring was pretty wet there were a few times I would go to my car and there would be a couple inches of water soaking the whole passenger side area from the firewall to the rear passenger area

I think this is must be damage from all the other times water has leaked in my car. I have also checked - the break lights are working. the key is stuck in the ignition and doesn't seem to be draining the battery. I was going t check the wiring harnesses but that is above my skill level. I am trying to avoid going to the dealership - that will mean big money

Last edited by JimC; 10-27-2015 at 06:16 PM.