MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   Really scary throttle issue, Bullitt tuning or something wrong here. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/721981-really-scary-throttle-issue-bullitt-tuning-or-something-wrong-here.html)

JDWalton 09-20-2015 08:16 PM

Really scary throttle issue, Bullitt tuning or something wrong here.

Hey Guys. Here is the current mod list:

2008 Mustang GT Bullitt
Ford Racing Intake (Factory)
Ford Racing dual 62mm throttle body
Ford Racing Intake Manifold
Steff's Catch Can
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Force Induction grind cams
BBK Shorty Headers
Cat deleted on Bullitt H pipe
GT500 type mufflers
Accel Coils
Fresh plugs, gapped to 32

Here is the problem:
Many times if I step hard on the throttle it feels like I am pulling a boat for a few seconds then goes. Or if I get off and stab it again it will snap to it.

Sometimes when I accelerate hard, like full pull through second gear from 2k to about 5500 RPM, and shift to neutral, or like if you had to jam onto the break cause your trying not to have a an "oh god oh god were all gonna die moment,' sometimes the throttle just runs away.

American muscle email tune, they are looking on their end, I want to see about anything it can be on my end.

Any ideas?

algregory 09-20-2015 09:29 PM

I have an '05 GT and maybe it is totally from left field. But there was a thing about "training" your throttle with the ignition on and the engine off. Something about if you drove your car "easy peasy" that your throttle would "train" for that. I know that I used to "train" my throttle on occasion, and I felt there was a difference after I did it.

JDWalton 09-21-2015 03:19 AM

thanks. I did try that throttle thing once, no help. bunch of ignition cycles or something then a series of throttle sweeps right?

jpplaw 09-21-2015 08:38 AM

Its a tune problem....cams can be a pain to tune for

JDWalton 09-22-2015 05:10 AM

Well I've been a pain in the but to them, but American Muscle has a lot of manhours they are giving me so I have to thank them for that.

movielover40 09-22-2015 12:20 PM

Beautiful car there.

bl817 09-24-2015 04:25 PM

absolutely a beautiful car. I have a few questions and I'm not trying to be a d..k, just seeing what direction your going with your build. to me, it sounds like your halfway thru a FI setup. next being the fuel delivery and actual FI unit. 1. why have FI cams in a NA car? 2. Detroit Rockers from Brenspeed, why not use them as tuner? tunes for life from AM I'm thinking. your car may be starving for A/F until it gets wound up enough. since you have a tuner, I would install the OEM intake manifold and TB and tune back for those and see if your problems persist. put the stock COP back on to. aftermarkets are hit and miss. just my $.02 good luck.

SpartaPerformance 09-24-2015 07:42 PM

Sounds like a tuning problem to me too.

bl817 09-24-2015 08:47 PM

you've got a great car and it seems you've put a few things on it that it doesn't need quite yet