Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

2006 mustang gt with vortech

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:48 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I was just rereading. 108 mph is not 455 rwhp car. It may have dyno'd that, but it's not making that at the track. You should be around 118.

Can you give more info on the set up? Who does the tune, suspension, intercooler, weather during the pass, all mods, etc..
Old 02-29-2016, 08:56 PM
trackers
1st Gear Member

some guys are telling me to put 200 lbs of sand bags in the trunk to help it hook up. I'm thinking that may only help break things. any opinions?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:41 PM
trackers
1st Gear Member

my dyno slips show 146 mph in fourth gear, in reality, any idea what my top end might be
Old 03-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by trackers
some guys are telling me to put 200 lbs of sand bags in the trunk to help it hook up. I'm thinking that may only help break things. any opinions?
That would be retarded.

my dyno slips show 146 mph in fourth gear, in reality, any idea what my top end might be
That's just how fast your car will go in the tip of fourth.

I would guess if you dyno'd 455 and are trapping 108, you either were lied to with a fudged dyno, are getting really high IATs or have a mechanical problem.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:09 PM
trackers
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
I was just rereading. 108 mph is not 455 rwhp car. It may have dyno'd that, but it's not making that at the track. You should be around 118.

Can you give more info on the set up? Who does the tune, suspension, intercooler, weather during the pass, all mods, etc..
Quinton bros. in Williston Vermont did the dyno tune, they also built the car from stock new at the dealer. no intercooler, just water/meth, 10 lbs boost vortech 2 3 inch flow master with cross over pipe and long tube tech headers, stage 2 clutch and competition flywheel, aluminum racing radiator eibach lowering kit, mickey Thompson drag radials, 85 degree track day, , my 60 ft sucks, 2.89, spin all the way thru first and second. had it dyno'd twice, once before water/ meth, once after432 rwhp before, 455.7 rwhp after, I am installing rear lower control arm relocators and 26/10/15 mickey Thompson drag slicks for when the track opens this spring. I'm told , if I don't brake any thing, I should hook up much better
Old 03-02-2016, 07:45 PM
trackers
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
That would be retarded.

That's just how fast your car will go in the tip of fourth.

I would guess if you dyno'd 455 and are trapping 108, you either were lied to with a fudged dyno, are getting really high IATs or have a mechanical problem.
they are the most respected performance shop in Vermont, pretty sure they didn't doctor the dyno slip, but I can't get it hooked up. I'm thinking with the slicks and relocaters, I might get it close to where it should be, also, we kept hitting the rev limiter on that pass. it was set at 5900 rpm, I went back and had them bump it up to 6500 rpm. haven't tried it yet waiting for the track to open march 29th
Old 03-04-2016, 04:51 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

455 is a bit low, IMO, for 10psi. See my sig. I have only BBK shorties, Magnaflow and Procharger, pushing through a stock auto. I did 12.5 at 109. Slow, yes, for an over 500hp car. But there is very little changes made to the car. The auto and 3.31 gears are the main reasons.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:30 PM
trackers
1st Gear Member

they are the most respected performance shop in Vermont, pretty sure they didn't doctor the dyno slip, but I can't get it hooked up. I'm thinking with the slicks and relocaters, I might get it close to where it should be, also, we kept hitting the rev limiter on that pass. it was set at 5900 rpm, I went back and had them bump it up to 6500 rpm. haven't tried it yet waiting for the track to open march 29th
don't want to sound stupid, but what are IAT's?
Old 03-10-2016, 07:48 PM
JimC

don't want to sound stupid, but what are IAT's?
Internal Air Temp -- in other words the temperature of the air entering the engine.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:10 PM
trackers
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Internal Air Temp -- in other words the temperature of the air entering the engine.
ok thanks, yes I could see that as a problem because as the car got hotter, the performance seemed to drop way off, so I had a water/meth injector installed and they claim that should help considerably, i'll find out in three weeks when our track opens.

Quick Reply: 2006 mustang gt with vortech