Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 05:19 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Cool deal! I may just save the ones I have in case L.T. headers and x-pipe make to much noise with flowmasters on there.I appreciate all the info from You man and can tell Your relly in to cars too and take pride in what You do with it.guess I lucked up with out interior.only new car I ever have bought and it spoke to me when I saw it.lol! probly be the only off the lot new car I will buy again for quite some time.relly like the car and plan on keeping it for a long time.all though if the new mustangs had a similar front end with that fast back I would maby consider it.lol! Maby I can find one wrecked and graft a 2005-2009 front end on it.lol! That would be close to perfect for my liking! To me the 2005-2010 is the best body styles sence 1970.I have a 1969 mach1 still needs alot of work to be on road though.well if I have any more questions how would I message You directly? Or does it work that way?
Old 05-25-2016, 10:03 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Also replaced the rear sway bar bushings with energy suspension.the red ones.relly mostly because on bumps it was making a little noise.plan to do front as well
Old 05-26-2016, 05:17 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

I bought my car 2-1/2 years ago and when I first saw it in the ad looking gorgeous in red with black stripes and chrome Bullitt wheels, it was love at first sight.
The interior is all black with charcoal cloth seats which makes it look a bit racy to me (no leatherette on the door panels to worry about it peeling off), and I love the chrome bezels around the gauges and vents. I chose to give it a couple of Premium touches with the leather steering wheel and 6-gauge cluster swaps. Still have the CD player that came with the car and haven't decided if I'll upgrade the sound system yet, but if I do it won't be the Shaker system from Ford.
Send me a PM anytime you like if you want to chat about mods.
Attached Thumbnails Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???-interior.jpg   Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???-steering-wheel.jpg   Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???-engine.jpg   Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???-frpp-x-pipe.jpg   Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???-diy-oil-catch-can.jpg  

Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???-dsc01929.jpg  
Old 05-26-2016, 08:25 AM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Heck Yeah Man,car looks AWOLSOME?love the Red with black stripes!!! Super clean install on x pipe and interior parts! Just cerous You have a foreign license plate,where are You from? I live in south east Ga. About a hour north of Flordia.so did you pick up decent HP with the cats still installed with x pipe? Seams to Me that it would keep the sound quality of the car right where it needs to be.my friend has a 2002 that is annoyingly loud to me with no cats and loud mufflers with x-pipe.definatly not wanting that raspy sound for me.it sounds clean and fined tuned with a smooth exhaust note.like the cam cover breathers to.do you have to do both? The passenger side piping is little short on leingth with new intake and CAI .heated it up slightly with the heat gun to take a bend out of it for a more direct route,but seamed little like it could still pop off under right conditions.i have a small section of dirt road to make it home and it's dusty as hell right now ,so I will clean the car up some before I take any pictures.i will see if I can figure out the PM thing.alot of people these days seem to be dumb A's and even though I may not agree with eveory single thing You say I can tell Your not a dumb A'S and You know Alot about these cars and to me that counts for alot.heck if we were all the same the world would be super boring.lol! Thanks for taking time to post pictures and all the input on parts! I will be posting some Picts soon as I make it to the car wash.lol!
Old 05-26-2016, 09:59 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

I'm a British national based in Abu Dhabi.
The Ford Racing X-pipe was a simple cut n' clamp affair and it came as standard on the Shelby GT model. Any HP gain would have been too small to notice but it did add a nice throaty growl under acceleration with none of the raspiness normally associated with X-pipes.
Initially I'd put breathers on both valve covers but over the course of a few weeks, the passenger side breather would spit out a tiny amount of oil onto the valve cover leaving a smear. That's when I decided to make my own catch can out of some materials I already had.

1 x 220g baking soda tin
1 x Scotch Brite scouring pad placed inside tin
1 x 3/8" valve cover breather filter
2 x 3/8" b@rbed fittings epoxied to lid of tin
1 x 3/8" vacuum hose
2 x small hose clamps

As Gas Monkey Richard Rawlings would say, BAM!
I'm still running a breather alone on the driver's side valve cover since that stays clean for much longer.

Last edited by Dino Dino Bambino; 05-26-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:57 PM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
no leatherette on the door panels to worry about it peeling off
I thought all the Mustangs came with that stuff on the doors regardless of seat material? Seems like all the used door panels I see online have it.

edit: I stand corrected, I see some on ebay that don't. Man that would be nice, I hate mine. Fixed the driver's side with contact cement, it held up for a year and then fell off last summer when it was really hot. I fixed it with silicone as a temporary fix so it would stop falling off but I couldn't get the edges tucked under so it still doesn't look great. I need to find a better fix.

Last edited by ghunt; 05-26-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:02 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Dino I can appreciate the ingenuity on the breather on pass side! That's a cool fix to the problem.Abu Dhabi thats crazy,funny how The internet can connect 2 continents so easily.bet there are some awolsome sights there.so if Your British National,is that like armed services? Sorry not up to speed on over seas terminology.are parts hard to get over there? As for the other post on door pannel problem , I repaired mine 5 years ago with no further issues.the way I did it was thoroughly cleaned the old glue and backing off with a dry scrub brush and wire brush.shop vacume relly good,and I used shoe goo that I had left over from repairing my work boots and smeared it in there , starting closest to arm rest and working out from there.used a dry rag on the outside to push it down and smooth out lumps,used a bondo spreader to tuck in and glue the perimeter.it has worked great for 5 Years and it's hot ,humid as crap here in South East Georgia in the summer.key was definitely getting it really clean.hope this helps with your repair.FYI the shoe goo is like just a clear thick adhesive.other similar glues would probly work fine and it's not affected by heat like the spray adhesive
Old 05-27-2016, 08:04 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Yeah, shoe glue should work great on those leatherette door panel inserts.
I'm an anesthesiologist working in a public hospital and have nothing to do with the Armed Forces. I'm also a car doctor and petrolhead in my spare time as you've probably noticed.

Dino I can appreciate the ingenuity on the breather on pass side! That's a cool fix to the problem.
Yup. I've been running it for the last 2 months now and it's kept the passenger side valve cover clean. I'll just check it every 6 months and empty any oil that collects inside (doubt it'll be more than a teaspoonful).
It's easy enough to get parts out here but shipping costs are high for any parts that I order from the States.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:27 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

I like being able to create my own mods and solve problems with what's on hand as well! Currently re finishing my strut tower brace and just ordered the blue wrinkle paint for valve covers.they were starting to weep a small amount of oil,so I figured when I do gaskets it would be the perfect time to paint them.heres some of my handy work,Built this grill for my Bronco out of sheet steel and mounting brackets.
Also built the bumper from channel iron.a also painted the new front bumper for the stang about year and half ago
Attached Thumbnails Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???-img_20160527_192606429.jpg  
Old 05-27-2016, 06:29 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Had to send another message picture didn't load
Attached Thumbnails Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???-img_20160527_192411649.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best most cost effective brake upgrade for 2005-2009 GT???