Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

62mm throttle change attempt TPS problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 06:17 PM
4th black 1

Default 62mm throttle change attempt TPS problem

I purchased a 62 mm throttle body for my 2006 GT. But during the swith over on the TPS and springs became stuck. My theory is I damaged the TPS if I tighten the TPS all the way the valves would not move. I watched the video and it said check the voltage I couldnt see were they were placing the red probe. I have a BAMA tuner it said 1.62 after talking to American muscle they said 1.2-1.3 is normal. So I started my car it was rough the wrench was on I pushed on the pedal and the RPM went from 1100 to 1200.So being unsure I put the 55 mm stock Throttle body back because of not knowing the voltage and it did the same thing. I noticed the TPS inernal metal looked deeper. Any suggestions I was going to just buy a new GT 500 throttle it has the TPS on and the spring assembled. Or do I need to turn the ignition on and off 4 times like the BBK video says. Anybody have this happen to them? First time on site nice to write a novel.....
Old 06-19-2017, 02:15 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

You'll probably need a new TPS, but honestly, unless your car is supercharged or turbo,you don't need a new TB. I would just return the BBK (which is notorious for being faulty) and get a stock GT TB used from Ebay.