Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Installed supercharger - now random misfire codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 11:32 PM
ProjectDarkHorse

Default Installed supercharger - now random misfire codes

I'm currently throwing a P0300, P0302 code on my GT. I had just recently added a P1SC Procharger to it within the past few hours. I use this car as my daily does anyone know of any Aftermarket shops that do internet tunes that I can run just to use my car for work. And I had just replaced my spark plugs, and injectors. So what could be throwing the code. Could it be that the car is not tuned yet for the A/F mixture? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:14 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

P0300 is a random misfire and P0302 is a cylinder 2 misfire.
Make sure you've properly connected the COP on no.2 cylinder.
Of course the ECU will need to be tuned, and I suggest you don't drive the car until you've at least received an e-mail tune (I'd recommend Brenspeed). You can then drive the car gently with the email tune until you've had the car dyno tuned.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:22 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Its sunday so nobody will be open unless you know a guy that knows a guy. I suggest renting a car for a week until you get tuned
Old 07-16-2017, 08:30 AM
JimC

Are you saying that you installed the supercharger but have not tuned it yet? If so, that is the problem. You have a major modification that can't run on the stock tune
Old 07-16-2017, 09:24 AM
ProjectDarkHorse

Originally Posted by JimC
Are you saying that you installed the supercharger but have not tuned it yet? If so, that is the problem. You have a major modification that can't run on the stock tune
Yes I Limped it back to my place after the install. I understand even running it can cause problems but there isn't much else I could do.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:25 AM
ProjectDarkHorse

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
P0300 is a random misfire and P0302 is a cylinder 2 misfire.
Make sure you've properly connected the COP on no.2 cylinder.
Of course the ECU will need to be tuned, and I suggest you don't drive the car until you've at least received an e-mail tune (I'd recommend Brenspeed). You can then drive the car gently with the email tune until you've had the car dyno tuned.
I looked into Brenspeed and they don't support any of Prochargers products so that is a no go.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:53 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ProjectDarkHorse
Yes I Limped it back to my place after the install. I understand even running it can cause problems but there isn't much else I could do.
​​​​​​
As others have and will suggest, do not drive it until you have a tune specific to your new setup. Possible engine damage at worst and likely running like *** at best. Certainly don't get into the throttle if you must drive....again not recommended.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:32 AM
ProjectDarkHorse

Originally Posted by bstang14
​​​​​​
As others have and will suggest, do not drive it until you have a tune specific to your new setup. Possible engine damage at worst and likely running like *** at best. Certainly don't get into the throttle if you must drive....again not recommended.
Yeah she's going to sit in the parking lot until I can get everything situated with it. But until then it's back to the good old left foot right foot.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:02 PM
ProjectDarkHorse

Just a small update on the pony. It's sitting right now and I have a local tuner set up for an appointment on the 11th of this month finally. I appreciate the insight everyone gave me. I will hopefully have it up and running here soon so I can post some numbers and let you all know how it is handling its new procharger.