Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

2005 supercharged, Transmission stuck?

Old 03-08-2018, 10:12 PM
Jeff Siewers

Unhappy 2005 supercharged, Transmission stuck?

If this has been asked point me in the right direction, long time reader first time poster, I have a 2005 Mustang GT supercharged, cammed, Hurst shifter, Brenspeed tuned, anyways, I pulled into the local Arby's and parked the car. Can't use drivethru without shutting off the car due to them not being able to hear me, when I cam out and got in with my son, I pushed in the clutch started it and then proceeded to put it in reverse. Here is the problem, Pulled back on the stick and it would not go to Neutral. seemed like it was stuck in gear. I could let out on the clutch a little and feel it like it would grab and pull forward but what ever gear it was it would bog down quickly. I tried several attempts to get it into Neutral but nothing worked. I had my son push the clutch in and I pushed the car back and then forward to the rear of the lot to get out of the way. Ended up calling a tow to get her home so I could investigate. So the driver shows and now pushing in the clutch will not get it out of gear to roll either. He had to slide the rear wheels up the ramp( which I was not happy but what was the alternative). He had never heard of this and I am trying to figure out where to start first. With the car off, the shifter wont budge. And when you push the clutch in you can hear the clutch squeak like it is moving. Any thoughts?
Old 03-10-2018, 02:17 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

hopefully it is just something with the Hurst shifter linkage.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Jeff Siewers

Going to lift it up and look over everything. Clutch is fine because it will start and not jump forward. Just can’t budge shifter and it is stuck in a gear. Bad thing is pushing in the clutch does not free up the rear end so it will not move. Think I may have lost a key and it is wedged in there somewhere
Old 03-10-2018, 08:32 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Let us know what it was IM intrigued