Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Air Bag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 06:24 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Second replacement was probably because they got another one that
was part of the same date range for the recall, so they had to replace
it again.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Otter

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
June 4, 2015: Reuters reports that at least 400,000 replaced airbag inflators will need to be recalled and replaced again.
Originally Posted by Goldenpony
The funny thing is, they have done my driver's side TWICE. I don't know what the reason was for the second driver's side replacement.
Kinda like hitting the lottery...
Old 04-03-2018, 01:52 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

I got the recall notice today... Mine says parts ARE available...

Half a DAY to replace? Wow...
Old 04-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
I got the recall notice today... Mine says parts ARE available...

Half a DAY to replace? Wow...
My guess is they work on it as they can in-between other cars where they're making money. I can't see this whole mess being of any profit to any dealer as the payout is likely coming from a Takata settlement which usually means the lawyers got the majority of the money and the rest is left to disperse for labor etc.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:26 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Happy Dance! Got a call this morning from my dealer. They have the parts to replace my passenger side air bag inflator. Now, hopefully I won't get a call cancelling the appointment AGAIN. I go in April 16 morning.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:53 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Praise the Lord-took my '06 GT 'vert in this morning for passenger side airbag inflator recall. Done in about an hour.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:23 PM
JohnTN
1st Gear Member

I had the air bag recall service done on the passenger side of my 2006 GT recently and noticed the two horizontal dash panels above the glove box are not flush with the center panel. They protrude about an eighth of an inch and are not firm if I push them in flush - they give to the flush position but then move back out after taking pressure off them.

I returned to the dealer yesterday and one "slick dressed" service guy glad handed me and asked what he could do for me. I showed him my problem and he immediately started talking about how the clips that come with the recall fix are not very good and they are seeing a lot of this misalignment - like, not likely we can do anything about it.

But I made an appointment anyway to have them try to fix it today. After an hour it the service department I was told they were unable to get it flush and have taken a picture to send to Ford and will open a "trouble file" on it.

Anyone else had this problem after the air bag recall fix?

And by the way, the original fix for both driver side and passenger took 45-60 minutes only.

John
Old 04-19-2018, 06:57 AM
artsvettes73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JohnTN
I had the air bag recall service done on the passenger side of my 2006 GT recently and noticed the two horizontal dash panels above the glove box are not flush with the center panel. They protrude about an eighth of an inch and are not firm if I push them in flush - they give to the flush position but then move back out after taking pressure off them.

I returned to the dealer yesterday and one "slick dressed" service guy glad handed me and asked what he could do for me. I showed him my problem and he immediately started talking about how the clips that come with the recall fix are not very good and they are seeing a lot of this misalignment - like, not likely we can do anything about it.

But I made an appointment anyway to have them try to fix it today. After an hour it the service department I was told they were unable to get it flush and have taken a picture to send to Ford and will open a "trouble file" on it.

Anyone else had this problem after the air bag recall fix?

And by the way, the original fix for both driver side and passenger took 45-60 minutes only.

John
I think your happy handed service rep. is pissing on your back and telling you it's raining.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Porter1

I have an appoint for next thursday a well to get the passenger side air bag done. I was told it would only take an hour
Old 05-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Don't buy their B.S. Keep on them.
Just had my '06 GT 'vert done and my dash panels look just like before.

Quick Reply: Air Bag Recall