Brenspeed CAI tune question - MustangForums.com


4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #1  
Chino El Solitario
Thread Starter
 
Chino El Solitario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6
Default Brenspeed CAI tune question

Are the canned Custom tunes ( the one that comes with the CAI kit ) run pretty good or do I have to Data log one, send it back and have it re-calibrated.

We only have 90 octane Gas up here, so no 93 for me.

Right about to order the 110mm CAI and SCT X4 tuner.

2006 Mustang GT, auto trans, 3.31 gears.

Chino El Solitario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #2  
outceltj
5th Gear Member
 
outceltj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: IN
Posts: 2,059
Default

You won't need a data log the tunes they write will be fine
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #3  
Chino El Solitario
Thread Starter
 
Chino El Solitario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6
Default

That's great news and thank you.

SCT x3 tuners are still being used by tuners right?

I just got a deal online for $180 for a used unmarried one
Chino El Solitario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #4  
Chino El Solitario
Thread Starter
 
Chino El Solitario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6
Default

Not sure if you remember my screen name but this is Stealth_GT from back in the days lol

I forgot my password log in so I'm stuck using my FB log in!

Glad to see the whole gang is still here!!
Chino El Solitario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:03 AM   #5  
outceltj
5th Gear Member
 
outceltj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: IN
Posts: 2,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino El Solitario View Post
Not sure if you remember my screen name but this is Stealth_GT from back in the days lol

I forgot my password log in so I'm stuck using my FB log in!

Glad to see the whole gang is still here!!

Stealth how the hell you been?? Yea I still get on here from time to time. I took a good break for awhile myself but have been present about the last 6 months or so. Still banging on the stang. Plan on going to the track this wednesday if it doesn't rain and see what happens. I add a 10% overdrive pulley and want to see what it gained me at the track. It was an additional 50 on the torque side and you can certainly feel it.
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:30 AM   #6  
Dino Dino Bambino
3rd Gear Member
 
Dino Dino Bambino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cyprus (EU)
Posts: 649
Default

Brenspeed sends out the JLT CAI and the SCT X4 loaded with 87, 91, and 93 octane custom tunes. Just select your preferred tune and upload it via the OBD II port into the ECU.
I'm using a custom Brenspeed 91 US octane CMCV delete tune to run European 95 RON octane and it kicks ***.
Dino Dino Bambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #7  
Chino El Solitario
Thread Starter
 
Chino El Solitario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outceltj View Post
Stealth how the hell you been?? Yea I still get on here from time to time. I took a good break for awhile myself but have been present about the last 6 months or so. Still banging on the stang. Plan on going to the track this wednesday if it doesn't rain and see what happens. I add a 10% overdrive pulley and want to see what it gained me at the track. It was an additional 50 on the torque side and you can certainly feel it.
I've been great! Nice to see the old crew still back here and not abandoning their S197's for the new 5.0's!
Your car has some serious power that's for sure. I bet it still holds it's own and gives newer cars a run for their money.

That's cool about the UDP's I was thinking about doing that mod myself on my new (to me lol) 06 GT. It's stock now but I'd like to do a little tinkering here and there. It has to last because I am driving it down to Phoenix from Alaska in a year. Last thing I want is for it to grenade somewhere in between lol

I really missed the S197. I like the new 5.0's and they're obviously fast, but for me they don't have the nostalgic feel to it. Especially since I had one when I first started college a few years back, supercharged it through tech school and met my fiance in it as well as raced the hell out of it and learned how to install mods, a supercharger etc.
Ironically I sold it (after 4.10's, a Vortech HO supercharger, slicks etc etc.) to stop racing/modding, only to get sucked into the Mopar world (three Dodge Charger RT's!) and modding on the down low to a 1999 Camaro Z28 (T-tops, LS1, gotta love it!) to another S197 GT .. oh and a Jeep Limited with the 4.7 SuperChipped of course lol

I don't know how you guys do it. I had to stop modding to budget for a new home and family life (my girl!), now I pay more for insurance and bills with a little to spend here and there. Not like the old days where I'd spend a few grand on parts and not pat an eye



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino View Post
Brenspeed sends out the JLT CAI and the SCT X4 loaded with 87, 91, and 93 octane custom tunes. Just select your preferred tune and upload it via the OBD II port into the ECU.
I'm using a custom Brenspeed 91 US octane CMCV delete tune to run European 95 RON octane and it kicks ***.
Thank you. I forgot if it was fine to run 90 octane gas with a 91 octane tune or not. I have been running Mopar's for so long, their way of tuning was to data a log (even a stock car) and cruise, wide open throttle runs and idle then they wrote a new tune on it. Their 90 octane tunes were spot on. My 09 Charger RT AWD went for a 13.8 down to a tire smoking 13.2! Just from a custom tune. It weighed 4,120 lbs.(w/driver) so I was impressed!

I know it's only one octane point but they might actually have their canned custom tunes run a little richer for safety sake so it may be Ok if I ran 90.
I also want it for the firm shift points and better throttle feel. I actually don't mind it stock. The stock intake butter-fly valves give the engine a weight V-tech feel which I don't mind. I had the CMCV delete plates as well but having drove the car with them on, I actually like it since it has much more low end power and almost a turbo boost type feel once it hits 3200-3500 RPM's
Chino El Solitario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #8  
outceltj
5th Gear Member
 
outceltj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: IN
Posts: 2,059
Default

Oh yea Im still putting beat downs on people with the fresh new cars. They are pretty damned shock when they get beat. They don't understand with their HP being better than mine but I bet my torque numbers out do theirs.

Are you moving to Phoenix? Thats a hell of drive. Sounds like you been modding away on your other vehicles. I bet that jeep was a nice sleeper? Brenspeed is doing a lot of work on jeeps now. They had three at there shop when i was there about 2 weeks ago.

As for the mod money Ive been lucky enough to hold down a good job that gives us some extra money. A few years ago I did think about selling my car but my wife said id just kick myself for it. SHes right I would. Its a fun ride and I do like the looks of the s197. When I'm home I'm putting on new wheels and tires for my brembo upgrade. Thats part of the reason why I'm going to the track tomorrow when I get home. I won't be able to use race star wheels anymore after the brake kit upgrade. I gotta hand it to my wife she's pretty easy going when I want to do something. She doesn't buck me very often. Well man Im gonna head to bed b/c my flight is a early one in the morning.





[QUOTE=Chino El Solitario;8623407]I've been great! Nice to see the old crew still back here and not abandoning their S197's for the new 5.0's!
Your car has some serious power that's for sure. I bet it still holds it's own and gives newer cars a run for their money.

That's cool about the UDP's I was thinking about doing that mod myself on my new (to me lol) 06 GT. It's stock now but I'd like to do a little tinkering here and there. It has to last because I am driving it down to Phoenix from Alaska in a year. Last thing I want is for it to grenade somewhere in between lol

I really missed the S197. I like the new 5.0's and they're obviously fast, but for me they don't have the nostalgic feel to it. Especially since I had one when I first started college a few years back, supercharged it through tech school and met my fiance in it as well as raced the hell out of it and learned how to install mods, a supercharger etc.
Ironically I sold it (after 4.10's, a Vortech HO supercharger, slicks etc etc.) to stop racing/modding, only to get sucked into the Mopar world (three Dodge Charger RT's!) and modding on the down low to a 1999 Camaro Z28 (T-tops, LS1, gotta love it!) to another S197 GT .. oh and a Jeep Limited with the 4.7 SuperChipped of course lol

I don't know how you guys do it. I had to stop modding to budget for a new home and family life (my girl!), now I pay more for insurance and bills with a little to spend here and there. Not like the old days where I'd spend a few grand on parts and not pat an eye
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #9  
Chino El Solitario
Thread Starter
 
Chino El Solitario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outceltj View Post
Oh yea Im still putting beat downs on people with the fresh new cars. They are pretty damned shock when they get beat. They don't understand with their HP being better than mine but I bet my torque numbers out do theirs.

Are you moving to Phoenix? Thats a hell of drive. Sounds like you been modding away on your other vehicles. I bet that jeep was a nice sleeper? Brenspeed is doing a lot of work on jeeps now. They had three at there shop when i was there about 2 weeks ago.

As for the mod money Ive been lucky enough to hold down a good job that gives us some extra money. A few years ago I did think about selling my car but my wife said id just kick myself for it. SHes right I would. Its a fun ride and I do like the looks of the s197. When I'm home I'm putting on new wheels and tires for my brembo upgrade. Thats part of the reason why I'm going to the track tomorrow when I get home. I won't be able to use race star wheels anymore after the brake kit upgrade. I gotta hand it to my wife she's pretty easy going when I want to do something. She doesn't buck me very often. Well man Im gonna head to bed b/c my flight is a early one in the morning.

I remember when I'd put a whoopin' on a few cars in my supercharged 09 Charger RT AWD. Nowhere near as fast as your GT but it held it's own at [email protected] lol
Being something odd like a Charger (up here anyways) it really did surprise a few people! The S197 or Mustang's become a popular meme lately so that kinda sucks lol (Crowd plower!) but I've never encountered any hate on her.

My girl has come around to accept my mod addiction, but she's not as cool as your wife has been to you lol. I still have to keep it under wraps and I haven't been to the track in awhile honestly.

I've also been on a Road trip kick for the last few years, we've done Arizona to Cali six times and Florida up and down after their hurricane in 2016. So we're accustomed to driving and taking in the sights I've stopped modding and racing to travel more but I've always came back to the speed bug every time for some reason. I've tried to get into other hobbies like Marital arts and Boxing but it still doesn't compared to racing/Speed. Which I find odd.. I can be in the heat of a battle, getting choked out or hit in the face but nothing gets my blood pumping like flying down the 1/4 mile!

The Jeep is quick for what it is, thought about supercharging it but it's more of a daily driver lol

Have a safe trip!
Chino El Solitario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:19 PM   #10  
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member
 
stealth_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Pole
Posts: 6,668
Default

BUahahahahahhahahaa! I remembered my log in!
stealth_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAI + Tune Vs. Just Tune (Brenspeed) adidas04 2005-2014 Mustangs 8 11-23-2010 11:51 PM
To CAI + Tune or not to CAI + Tune? That is the question logicbombx 4.0L V6 Technical Discussions 27 08-01-2008 05:31 PM
Do you guys think a Granatelli CAI W/TUNE can get the same HP numbers as the C&L CAI W/Tune? mAnYsTyLeS GT S197 General Discussion 1 08-28-2006 03:34 PM
C&L-CAI/SCT-XCAL II/Brenspeed octane/tune choice .... drf GT S197 General Discussion 11 03-29-2006 04:19 PM
JLT Series 2 CAI With Brenspeed Tune rotorr22 GT S197 General Discussion 5 02-18-2006 08:49 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.