Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

PA Performance alternators 130 amp

Old 06-15-2018, 05:34 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Ive had mine for sometime and it works fine. Funny how people will dog china made stuff. I have a Mezeire water pump on my car. It failed and its american made. I sent it back to the company and they fixed it and sent it back. No big deal just a bit of a nuisance.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:19 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
PA = Made in China so good luck.
I'm made in China. Am I fuct?

Originally Posted by outceltj
Ive had mine for sometime and it works fine. Funny how people will dog china made stuff. I have a Mezeire water pump on my car. It failed and its american made. I sent it back to the company and they fixed it and sent it back. No big deal just a bit of a nuisance.
That's good to hear. I just want my car up and running and driving again.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:28 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

the 2010 alts were upgraded and fixed to not have the issues of the 05-09 ones and since the 2010 is still the 4.6, it bolts and wires right up. good luck
Old 06-15-2018, 04:20 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Gotcha.. thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-17-2018, 03:21 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I'm made in China. Am I fuct?
Yeah I'm afraid so. Well and truly.

I've had mine for sometime and it works fine. Funny how people will dog china made stuff.
Not ******* Chinese made products. Some are very good but quality control can be patchy, especially on electrical components. Hopefully you're lucky enough to have a good alternator that'll last the life of the car. That said, the 2010 OEM alternator seems to be the best replacement for a failed 05-09 OEM or aftermarket unit.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:43 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I get that chinese made goods can lead to bad experiences but we consume several of their made products every year. Id imagine if you look at the percentage for failures its likely low. Its why I referenced the Meziere Water pump. Known to be American made and rarely fails The guys at brenspeed were pretty surprised. Im not one to choose specifically american made products. Price and reliability are my major concerns.

Not ******* Chinese made products. Some are very good but quality control can be patchy, especially on electrical components. Hopefully you're lucky enough to have a good alternator that'll last the life of the car. That said, the 2010 OEM alternator seems to be the best replacement for a failed 05-09 OEM or aftermarket unit.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:53 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Chinese made wheel bearings don't last more than 20,000 miles. I will be on my
second replacements on another vehicle....
Old 06-21-2018, 12:06 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Well that sucks. I knew I was in trouble when I was branded "made in China" at birth

I think it has to due with mass production as well, not saying that their quality control sucks but when you're getting paid $0.10 to make an alternator (major assumption here), they're not gonna be OCD about everything or another.

I get that chinese made goods can lead to bad experiences but we consume several of their made products every year. Id imagine if you look at the percentage for failures its likely low. Its why I referenced the Meziere Water pump. Known to be American made and rarely fails The guys at brenspeed were pretty surprised. Im not one to choose specifically american made products. Price and reliability are my major concerns.
I really hope so man. I'm crossing my fingers with my new unit but judging by the reviews on AM, they're pretty legit.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:03 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

So far so good. Installed the new alt and power wire upgrade. Reads 14.3 vs 16.0 last week with stock alt and bad diode.

*crosses fingers*
Old 08-18-2018, 07:25 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

^ Would that be 14.3 while idle? Did you have any accessories running (i.e., radio or ac)? I4.3 is good, just wondering.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PA Performance alternators 130 amp