Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Procharger install problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 03:59 PM
X10mm socket

Default Procharger install problems

New to the group, currently installing a procharger on a 2005 mustang gt. The car is standard transmission. I bought the procahrger as a complete kit off of american muscle. I got everything put on and installed, i took the directions very serious and i took my time. At first i had a sprint booster plugged in when i made my backup tune file. You send your backup file to procharger and they revise it. Well i got my tune back and i immediately have the orange wrench light and the car cranks but will not start. I hear the fuel pump prime, it also gives me codes p2106, and p060c. I had a company come out to my house and flash my ecu just incase their was a previous tune on it, and just incase the sprint booster was playing a part in my backup file. After that i had diablo reset my tuner, i made a new backup file because my car was freshly reset to factory specs and i shipped it off to procharger. Ill hear somthing back tomorrow but i believe its still going to be bad news. I do have 1 solid question, will my procharged car start on a stock tune? Im asking because its not and i feel like it should. I really hate that this is my first post on this forum, but id really like to hear back from other supercharged mustang owners, thanks for any input!

Old 02-15-2019, 05:08 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

It really should start on a stock tune, you just wouldn't want to get into boost on a stock tune.
I'm assuming you removed the sprint booster already.

I'm also assuming you looked up the codes, P2106 Possible causes:
Throttle Actuator Control Motor is stuck open or closed
Faulty Throttle Actuator Control Motor
Throttle Actuator Control Motor harness is open or shorted
Throttle Actuator Control Motor circuit poor electrical connection Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

The P060c tends to indicate a fault ECU, hopefully that's not the case.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

A 10mm socket will fix it.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:31 PM
X10mm socket

I did look up the codes, but they came about after prochargers first tune, p2106 code is why we thought the sprint booster was playing a role in my crappy tunes. I emailed procharger yesterday morning but i recieved nothing from them today, honestly we are up to email #14 and i wouldnt want to talk to me eaither. Also the booster is off the car. And i dont think a 10mm socket will solve this one. Trying to start the car on the stock tune i got a loud backfire, and ive never had that with the procharger tunes or at all..i probably wont hear anything back until tuesday due to presidents day.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:49 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Talk to Brenspeed about getting one of their Procharger tunes. They should be able to email you a tune that'll get you going until you do enough data logging to have it optimized.