Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

JLT series 3 and Diablosprt Predator tune

Old 12-14-2017, 12:27 PM
hensleyspencer

Default JLT series 3 and Diablosprt Predator tune

So I have the diablosport predator tuner and it has the jlt induction tune on it so I downloaded the tune after I put the intake on my car. When I started my car it barely ran, it souded like it was cammed, and it smoothed out and the car had no power and kept revving up to 3k when I pushed the clutch in. any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. also the tune calls for 91 octane and I still have 3/4 tank of 87 octane. it shouldn't cause my car to run this bad should it
Old 12-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by hensleyspencer
So I have the diablosport predator tuner and it has the jlt induction tune on it so I downloaded the tune after I put the intake on my car. When I started my car it barely ran, it souded like it was cammed, and it smoothed out and the car had no power and kept revving up to 3k when I pushed the clutch in. any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. also the tune calls for 91 octane and I still have 3/4 tank of 87 octane. it shouldn't cause my car to run this bad should it
Check all of your hose connections on your intake. Check the MAF sensor connector and make certain it 'clicks' into place. Sounds like you forgot to reconnect a hose , the connection at the Throttle body or Air filter side is not tight, or the MAF is not connected. A check engine light may not show up for a while.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:45 PM
hensleyspencer

I forgot to put the hose clamp on the filter. WOW do I feel like an idiot I guess when youre excited for new car parts you rush a little much