4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

2.3T Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:13 AM
SmallBlockFloyd
3rd Gear Member

Default 2.3T Sensors

Hey, as everyone here knows, I am building this 2.3T from the ground up, yada yada yada.

Anywho, I need sensors. I want someone here who is really well endowed with 2.3T knowledge to confirm my list, and possibly fix it.

Ok, I need:
VAM
TFI
MAP
Boost Sensor
o2 sensor
IAC

I have :
VAM
Throttle Body(with possibly a /bad/ IAC :[ )
o2 sensor(If the one from a 90 ranger will work)

This leaves me needing a TFI/dist combo,MAP sensor, and a boost sensor, possibly an IAC.

Now, does the 90 ranger have a MAP sensor? I have been in the engine bay a lot, and never noticed one. If not, What 2.3's(year, and model) can I get one off of? Where can I find a boost sensor, and the pigtail for it?

If my IAC on my throttle body is bad, can I fix this by making a metal plate, to place inbetween the IAC 'solenoid' and the openings on the throttle body?(to block it off, but allow it to still be plugged in, hopefully 'tricking' the EEC into thinking it is running proper)

Anyone with a spare TFI/Coil/Dist., MAP, Boost sensor, and any other things I may need, yet have failed to aformention in this post, please notify me. I am interested, but looking for reasonable prices.

I am going to repin my 90 ranger wiring harness, and wire in the extra pigtails, as needed, to save money. I am gladly accepting any information pertaining to my delemia's. Thank you guys, Floyd.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:14 AM
alexr
★★★★★

Default RE: 2.3T Sensors

this may help you out... its a tech article of all the sensors on a 2.3T... this is on a Murker, but as far as i am aware, all the sensors are the same.

http://www.merkurtech.com/merkurtech...es/item046.php
Old 11-07-2006, 05:39 AM
evintho
2nd Gear Member

Get a BAP sensor from a TurboCoupe. Same as a MAP except it reads barometric air pressure instead of manifold a/p.

There is no boost sensor, it's called a boost controller. Get an adjustable Gillis boost controller here......................
http://www.boostvalve.com/pricelist.html

If your IAC is bad it's probably just plugged with gunk. Open it up and soak the heck out of it with brake cleaner. That should get it working again.

Invest in a new Motorcraft TFI only! Really, it's the only one that'll work/last on our motors. Forced4 has 'em for $115 but you may be able to find it cheaper. Here's Forced4's website................................
http://www.forced4.com/store.html

Buy a new Bosch O2 sensor. Alot of functions are determined by the O2 signal. You don't want to cut corners here.

Buy a new Ford ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor. They tend to go bad alot and the computer relies on that signal for several functions.

Might want to consider a new ACT (Air Charge Temperature) sensor also. When building a project, it's always a good idea to replace all sensors, seeing as the signals they send are what the computer reads in order to make it's calculations to determine fuel, timing and other functions.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:25 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

this place will help
www.turboford.net