4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

this azz messed up this svo look at the link

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 PM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

Default RE: this azz meesed up this svo look at the link

no its like the 5th one ive seen
Old 04-18-2007, 11:18 PM
SKAR

well still thats even rarer than an enzo,, i see it as its the owners car he can do whatever he wants with it, some might see it as disgraceful to ruin something, where others see it as its his choice
Old 04-18-2007, 11:24 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

I only need three things, a .50 sniper, his address and plane tickets
Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 PM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

there one around here also.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:36 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92Mustanglx

there one around here also.
Same as I said last, I will also need some beer, I need to make sure it looks like he hit a tree
Old 04-19-2007, 12:18 AM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

What he does is his choice. I go to car shows and see semirare cars modified. To some what I am doing to a MGB is wrong but they didn't see what I started with. Also to some me taking turbo motors from t-birds or cougars as wrong. They are rarer than a mustang but I got them from a rusty car and 2 in junkyard and yard man would not sell complete. Each to his own.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:03 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

yup pretty much, its just kinda sad, plus the guy wanted a ssload of cash and called me a "n" word so i kinda decided i didnt like him too much.lol
Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

Default RE: this azz messed up this svo look at the link

the guy sent me a really cool email after i kinda said sorry for being a retard. i saw how u guys were saying about people destroying merkurs and t birds to put the motors in mustang and how rare the turbo coupes are now as well, so i realized i kinda didnt have a point, and once he told me his story it all made sense kinda, but sad to see another svo lost
heres his cool reply. im geussing he bought the car new

No sweat, I was just upset that people don’t know the love you have to have for a car to spend thousands of dollars to have it perform the way it should have come. I do agree, its not the same as a stock SVO, but when I was young I could only afford a 4 cylinder. So the SVO was a beautiful way to go. I joined the SVO association I did shows. I even won a can of bondo @ my first show. My award “most dents”. I didn’t care, it was an SVO. I then spent $9,000.00 on the 2.3 liter, new turbo, titanium valves, forged pistons…everything rebuilt to the hilt all by an extremely reputable ford shop as well as the odd stuff done by the Ford dealership. I swear when it was running well - I used to race motor cycles with it. I swear it was a fast car… but it’s a 2.3 and has its serious flaws. For one thing even though the exhaust manifold was new and the turbo, the Ford dealer could never stop the thing from blowing the gasket between the two. And God was it a pain to change the manifold gaskets…. The engine was notorious for constantly leaking out the front cam seal. At the end of the day no mater what it still didn’t have the raw horse power and sound of a V8. So after 10 to 12 trips of the car being down @ the Ford dealer for the same stuff I gave up on the 2.3…. But not on the car. So I got a few bucks ahead, took the whole car apart had the horrible stock silver paint redone, this time the silver was painted on but without the “white color” mixed in to make an awesome grey … (the silver from the factory was horrible and faded and flaked). Even took the entire motor compartment down to bare fire walls so it also matched the car. All emblems replaced, all lights ect. Long story short nothing handles like the SVO, seats of Racaros, the functional wing, KONIs… everything. It even came with 4 wheel disk and a Borg Warner world class t5. The bottom line was after 20 some additional thousand dollars the car was finally perfect. Attended the same car show 1 year later to the day and took - 1st place peoples choice… Mustangs Unlimited Car Show. So, I think what I’m getting @ is the car is an SVO but like people do with resto mods and the like. It’s a one of a kind SVO. Still an SVO and you have to know the SVO and care to spend so much money to make it perform like it looks. Regards, Mike
Old 04-19-2007, 06:03 AM
91BMC

'Tis the way the wind blows.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:35 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

yeah but i didnt see it that way at first. i geuss im just an opinionated jerk....lol, i think i get that from my girlfriend who claims to be a libertarian party member. shes crazy

Quick Reply: this azz messed up this svo look at the link