4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

UPDATE: Intercooler mounted

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:02 PM
mopman93
3rd Gear Member

Default UPDATE: Intercooler mounted

alright so i finally got around to mounting my intercooler. made two brackets, welded them on and then shimmied it in there. Its got 2.5 in inlet and outlet that i hope to get hooked up next week or so. I'm gonna order some tubing from jcWhitney, tack it together and then get it tigged, leak tested, and then ceramic coated. any suggestions on what people have done, things theyve run into. stuff liek that would be appreciated.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:07 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATE: Intercooler mounted

What intercooler is that off of?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 PM
mopman93
3rd Gear Member

i bought it off ebay.
i think it was cxmotorsports, idk i look ed on turboford.net and a bunch of guys had bought his stuff and were pleased with it, so thats why i got it, plus he was the only guy that had the size to fit between the frame rails.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:29 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Was it that kit that duace (sp?) helped create and has it on his car? or is it that other one that everyone was saying it was better because of the core and it didn't drop that much pressure?

Anyways, nice find and I want to see that truck of yours done and I also want video damnit[8D] lol
Old 09-20-2007, 09:40 PM
al_ngl
4th Gear Member

It looks mounted a little low. I'd be afraid of it hitting one of our enormous speed bumps.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Her still has a metal bumper to put on in that general area[&:][&:]
Old 09-20-2007, 09:45 PM
mopman93
3rd Gear Member

the one that didnt drop as much pressure, and its acutally liek a foot-foot and a half off the ground, its gonna be so the bottom of the tank will stick below the bumper but then the fog light valance will be below that, so thre'll be plenty of room. originally i wanted ti to hang down wicked far, but there was no way to mount it, i got vid sof it when i was runnin under n/a with and without the turbo motor. i'll see if i can get them
Old 09-20-2007, 09:47 PM
mopman93
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sleeper_inc

Her still has a metal bumper to put on in that general area[&:][&:]
haha yeah that general area, i want to cut out the fron of the bumper so its like 2 foot across and 8-12 inch tall, and then take sheetmetal and kind of make a box like funnel so that i can get more air into it, cuz at the moment theres liek a 2 foot by 2 inch slot in the bumper and thats it
Old 09-21-2007, 06:46 AM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

That looks alot like the set up now on my car. Running the pipes can be a bit tricky, especially if you're keeping AC, and I have had a couple issues keeping the charge pipe on the turbo. It will blow off after a few long boosts to 20psi. I need to weld a lip onto the pipe or something to stop it,.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
mopman93
3rd Gear Member

those red caps are covering the lips on the intercooler and i don't have ac so that won't be a problem. but im gonn aorder the tubing tonight and work on it all next week. the trucks been apart too long, getting kinda crazy

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Intercooler mounted