MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4 Cylinder NA and Turbo (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-cylinder-na-and-turbo-65/)
-   -   Replacing the A4LD Vacuum Modulator (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-cylinder-na-and-turbo/422217-replacing-the-a4ld-vacuum-modulator.html)

WyldeSoul 04-09-2008 09:12 AM

RE: Replacing the A4LD Vacuum Modulator

I used to have a 93 mustang lx, and now I have one again. The old one would drop to idle when you released the accelerator, but this one doesn't.

Is that another symptom of a bad regulator, or is that a bigger problem?

sleeper_inc 04-09-2008 04:52 PM

The RPMS should slowly go down with the speed, acts like a brake sorta.

The only way to know if its blown is to take the vacuum line off it and see if transmission fluid comes streeming out

hellion_79 04-09-2008 06:00 PM

Nice post bro ;)

kalen1991 06-21-2010 05:38 PM

I just replaced mine cause a bunch of fluid poured out, but the car still has trouble going into gear for some reason, if i rev it up to 3k it wil usually pop into gear and go but will go back out of gear if i take a slow turn or at the lower gears. i hope this is not a failing transmission....

kalen1991 06-21-2010 06:14 PM

i think ill also replace the 1/4" rubber hose, also, ifthere was fluid left in there when i put the new one in could that cause it to have same problems? also when i pressed on the new modulator to make sure i put it in right, after i drove to get smokes and back, a bit of tranny fluid came out of the hole..

ill replacethe hose since maybe the old one isnot securing tightly im guessing it could lose suction and cause same problem.. otherwise idk im at a loss..

kalen1991 06-21-2010 08:16 PM

Hey, just wanted to point out i resolved my issues. Had to do a couple more steps on my own heres what I found.

The small black hose that was initially unplugged and checked for fluid was replaced since it wasnt as tight as I expected it to be...

All vaccuum lines were unplugged and drained one at a time since I had alot of tranny fluid in them I guess thats why the problem was not resolved... A couple of the lines had an inch cut off the end and then plugged back in to make a tighter fit... just make sure you can afford to clip the end off before doing so, evin still new ones are only about a buck or two a foot....

I checked fluid level and tranny fluid was quite low since so much escaped into the lines...
I added a whole liter slowely and check level throughout...

everything is perfect, thanks for this post you rock...

troyw1970 05-20-2011 09:11 AM

GOOD DAY

would that module allow my car smoke it seem that when my tranny started to act up it started to blow smoke it would qiet and the start up after the trans would act up
check fliuds and i have no water in oil ?

ghost_9290 06-23-2011 08:56 AM

I took out my modulator and the metal pin was not there. Does anyone know where I can get a new one so my truck will shift properly?

ghost_9290 06-27-2011 10:32 AM

found one now just got to adjust it...