4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

1993 Mustang LX N/A 2.3L

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:30 AM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

1. Getting all cocky/arrogant towards those who are willing to help you is not wise.

2. It would probably be best if you didn't "show off" welding like that.

3. You would be insane to not trade your NA 4 banger for just about any SVO.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:46 PM
toplessLx
1st Gear Member

look dude. i'm 20. not to long ago i was your age. i have a 92 vert with a n/a 2.3. i've done a few mods and i've seen 135 wit my auto in drive at 4000 rpms. and it was still pullin. i have hardly no money in it. reason why? i've been holding my v8 to put in it later, because i have a lead foot. My drag cars are plenty fast. speeding kills. i'm a firefighter and have seen what it'll do.
i'm guilty too tho. on that note, from the sounds of it i agree with the earlier post. are u sure u can handle a v8? and i must ask that you dont insult the people on here trying to help you. no one likes a no it all. if you would like to know a few things to do i'd be glad to help you. and other people would too if u were to be a bit nicer
Old 12-18-2010, 05:14 PM
93RedBird

I don't give a **** what's under the hood if I don't like how the car looks. I'm not saying I don't like the SVO setup, I just wouldn't do it in those years. I'd only do it if I was putting the whole SVO setup in my '93, because I prefer the look of the '87-'93 over the '84-'86 SVO. I won't drive it if I don't like the way it looks.

I learned to drive in 3 cars: a Turbo Diesel Jetta, a ****ty xterra, and a souped up cobra. I'm used to the torque and power that comes with V8s.

If I thought I knew it all, then why am I here asking questions? Also, I'm not trying to use that to show off my welding skills. That was one of the first things I ever welded. I now have a job working at a shop doing lots of custom fabrication. Sheet metal work, welding, everything. I build full racecars and street rods. Obviously, my welding is much better now, the pics were just an example of the work I'm willing to put into my car. I did my front brakes twice, just because I didn't like how they turned out the first time.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Rokgtar
2nd Gear Member

Well, if you are doing such great work now, why not show pics of that instead of something that looks like a 1st grader welded it?

Those who have posted in here (including myself) have been more than nice to you and have tried to treat you with respect and give you good advice without being condescending at all. You started acting like a jackass and being belligerent.

You're a insulting little punk whose Mommy and Daddy have bigger problems with you than whether or not to alow you to put a v8 in your car. Go away and let the grown ups talk.

F'in punk
Old 12-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Rokgtar
2nd Gear Member

troll
Old 12-18-2010, 08:54 PM
toplessLx
1st Gear Member

honestly dude we're people you'll probably never meet. so why try to impress us? and really, if u build racecars then you would know what cheap mods you could do to up your performance. so really man. have some respect or get lost
Old 12-18-2010, 10:25 PM
93RedBird

I'm not trying to impress anyone, otherwise I wouldn't have put up that welding job. It was one of my first. It was to show that I'm willing to put more work into my car than most people.

Besides the fact that I haven't gotten much useful advice from any of you. Read through this thread, and really pay attention. It starts out fine, then it deteriorates into everyone hurling **** at me.

As for the correlation between building racecars and knowing cheap mods for this? I'm used to dealing with cars that have a budget of way over $1000. One of the cars I'm currently building is a 1965 Shelby Cobra 427. The customer has now dumped about $22,000 into it. Not exactly cheap mods. My budget right now is <$300, and I'm here asking what the best use of it would be for this project.

That, paired with the fact that, as I've said, I'm accustomed to V8 engines, blower motors, etc, not 4 banger engines. And now, here's a picture of the shop car, as an example of the work I do now:

Old 12-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Rokgtar
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Babybudistmonk
I had built myself a cold air intake out of PVC when mine was still an N/A. Worked out pretty well! I think I still have a write up somewhere about what I did. I can try to find that if your interested.

Pacesetter also makes tubular headers for these engines. I had one of those on mine too. Then 2 1/2" exhaust into a flowmaster 40 series. The combo of the nice, free flowing cold air intake matched with the better flowing exhaust made a difference, but don't expect any too spectacular except for the sound. Big 4 bangers with flowmasters just plain sound cool! The N/A versions of these engines are dogs unless you do a lot of work, both mechanically and tuning wise.

Right now is a good time to save your money and do your research to figure out what you really want to do with your car. I like a challenge, and be different than anyone else. So I loved making big power with my little 4 cyl. Got a doner TC for $500! The entire drive line will pretty much bolt right up. I did a little, ok, a lot more than was required for the swap, but man its fun to blow by stock 302's, then pop the hood for them!

Take your time, do your research, and driving it as is for a few years won't hurt. It'll give you more time to collect parts as you go so you can get what you really want, not just what you can afford at the time. (voice of experience here!)

Enjoy!
That is a sweet Stang you've got there! I admire someone like you who does something different rather than following the pack. I've heard of 4 banger Stangs hitting the 10 second mark - pretty impressive. I also love it when a classic Mustang still has a 6 cylinder in it but has been built up i.e. clifford intake, cam, 4bbl, etc... It must really be a blast to beat someone with a V8 and then open the hood and show 'em what just smoked 'em!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:13 AM
toplessLx
1st Gear Member

my point was all engines work the same way by the same principles. so the same thing that will help a v8 will help a 4cyl. and stop posting these random pics. have we not madde it clear we dont care? it dont matter who you are or your capabilities. we will answer your questions. so stop trying to impress us with random pics that we cant even verify!! Thanks

Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Babybudistmonk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rokgtar
That is a sweet Stang you've got there! I admire someone like you who does something different rather than following the pack. I've heard of 4 banger Stangs hitting the 10 second mark - pretty impressive. I also love it when a classic Mustang still has a 6 cylinder in it but has been built up i.e. clifford intake, cam, 4bbl, etc... It must really be a blast to beat someone with a V8 and then open the hood and show 'em what just smoked 'em!
Thanks Rokgtar! It is kind of a treat to hear people dog on this ride, then shut um up at the track! Funny you mention the old straight 6. I have a 79' that's been waiting to be worked on that came with the 6 in it. Was thinking about taking that and possibly blowing it, convert to fuel injection with the help of a MS2 or 3 system. And I thought building up a 2.3 was a bit off the wall lol.

Quick Reply: 1993 Mustang LX N/A 2.3L