4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

Value of 93 LX 2.3 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 04:06 PM
ChiefD

Default Value of 93 LX 2.3 Convertible

While at a recent cruise night, I met a fella who is selling a bright red 1993 LX Convertible with a 2.3 automatic. This little gem only has 36,600 miles on it, and it shows. The interior is a light gray cloth and it has a black top. Everything about this little pony is stock down to the hideous 14-inch wheels. It has brand new tires and new exhaust. The entire car is immaculate. The only flaws I could find are the tiny minor dings on the sides that you can barely see, and the minor fading of the rear plastic bumper cover. Other than that, this slow fox is like something you'd find in an old lady's garage.

The current going price is $4,200. I think he'll go $4,000. Is that too much for one of these in this condition? I find myself struggling to walk away from it because it looks so new. I don't need the car, but it's like buying a new one for the price of a decent vacation. This guy has apparently had this car for sale for quite some time, but it gets passed up because it's not a 5.0. What's this thing truly worth?
Old 09-06-2016, 04:10 PM
ChiefD

I forgot to add that the cover that snaps over the top when it's down was inside the storage bag in the trunk and it's never been used. Also inside the trunk is a brand new protective cover for the car ($200 value?). The convertible top is also very nice.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:32 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Sounds like a well kept car, and probably worth the price. Although I've seen great examples go for alittle less, the fact that this car was taken car of and maintained goes a long way with me. Yeah it's a 2.3L and yeah it's not that desirable in that way. But it's still a very clean, low mileage convertible Foxbody that would probably be a joy to drive on nice days. I'd wave $3500 cash in front of him and see what happens, you can always go up more.

Post up some pictures when you get her home lol.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:18 AM
ChiefD

Thanks for giving me some more confidence in this purchase. I will definitely post pictures if I can get her. By the way, nice 88! Are your wheels 17s? I want to throw on a set of GT wheels if I get her. That will greatly improve the appearance. Have a great week!
Old 09-07-2016, 09:26 AM
ChiefD

These are a couple of pictures I took of the interior. The rest of the car is just as clean. We put it on a lift and the undercarriage is like looking at a brand new car. I've never seen anything quite like it without restoration.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:29 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

That is one clean car.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:43 AM
ChiefD

I don't think it gets any cleaner. $4,000 firm. I went ahead and did the deal. I'll hopefully pick it up on Friday.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:34 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChiefD
I don't think it gets any cleaner. $4,000 firm. I went ahead and did the deal. I'll hopefully pick it up on Friday.

Congrats..can't wait to see the pics.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:37 PM
ChiefD

Pictures will be posted ASAP on Friday. My 5.0 buddies all seem to have plans for it already. They'll be sniffing around it and waiting for me to give them the ok to tear out that 2.3L engine. I just don't think I can do it. It's like new.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:08 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Awesome car, congratulations. I probably would have bought it to from the pics too. That is CLEAN !!! You can always drop the 5.0 in it later. I'd just drive it as is for now and keep a stick in the car to keep back the lady's lol.

And yes, I'm running 17" Cobra R's. Classic look but very heavy rims. Mine are knock off's though.

Congrats again, can't wait to see more pics....

Quick Reply: Value of 93 LX 2.3 Convertible