5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

pretty bad day

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 02:27 AM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: pretty bad day

haha wow..lucky!?
i was amazed at how impatient the people were
they see me w/ my hood open, emergency flashers on, and me standing outside rite by my car
and yet they didnt understand that my car wasnt working somehow
they kept honking i was laughing..and then a ricer pulls up and laughed at me
..man i wished my car started up so i could kick the sh*t outta him..
Old 02-28-2006, 03:50 AM
ZoSo15
2nd Gear Member

lol one time i was in the middle lane of a three lane road at a stoplight and as soon as it turned green my car died. i didnt know what to do cause there wasnt a chance in hell i could push the car myself, and in my rearview mirror was a wall of cars coming up at like 60 mph. i put the emergency flashers on and prayed for my car not to get smashed. just a few seconds before i was going **** my pants, some off-road buggie pulled up and towed me to a safe spot. boy does it hurt inside to see your stang up on a tow truck[sm=sigh.gif]
Old 02-28-2006, 10:19 AM
H Dean
1st Gear Member

Good day/bad day----you be the judge

April 2001 i'm driving back from the inlaws and in the my farm truck on Bluegrass Pkwy--70+mph.

wife 8 mos preganat and asleep, 2 year old in the car seat between us.

a Wild Turkey files out of a tree just on the side of the highway. i see it coming and only enough time to let off the gas.

turkey hits my windsheild at the passenger side 'a pilar' and busts through the wind shield. i hold the steering wheel with the left hand, hold up the glass which is about to do a quisenart on my 2 year old. Turkey hits the roof of the truck and i dont know how, but if busts out the back glass and ends up dead in the bed of the truck.

We lived---praise God!!

on the "no body helps" deal---it was Easter Weekend and my right arm is cut to peices---completely red with blood, my truck has the glass crashed out --- front and back----i have my flashers on. This goes on for 15 minutes and no one stops!!!!!!! It was Easter Weekend and you think someone would have a 'heart' and stop!! At least 100 car go by and finally the state police comes up.

Not that anyone short of a EMS tech could have really helped, but what if i did not have a cell phone??

Good or Bad? i guess all is well that ends well.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

my friend and i had just done a bunch of stuff to my car including pulleys and i was sitting on a sort of on-ramp to get onto a semi-busy road and my radio shut off and my car just died. i tried putting on my flashers but they didnt work so people were starting to build up behind me and beep. even after i got out of my car they didnt get the hint. so when i opened my hood one of the battery cables was off and to the side. after putting everything back together we (I) forgot to tighten down the terminals and all i had to do was put it back on heh
Old 02-28-2006, 02:43 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: primetime5.0
i have a worse story, my car broke the day i was supposed to lose my virginity. I hit a pothole and snapped the alternator bracket off of the head shearing the bolts off... TOP THAT!
Thats pretty bad but mine sucks also. I was driving on Friday (comming home from work) and I heard some clanking in my motor. I looked down at my gauges and everything was fine. I started to pull over. By the time I got to the center lane my oil light was on and by the time I got into the far right lane the car had shut off and the motor was BLOWN!!! This is my DD and now I have no money and no car. I cant work on my stang anymore because I still owe like 2,500 on the Intrepid (car I just blew) and I need a new car. TOP THAT!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

dude that sucks, did you ever figure out what the ticking noise was? guess it doesnt matter anymore tho
Old 02-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

well compared to all of ur stories i guess mine wasnt too bad lol
Old 02-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Stang_GT_91
2nd Gear Member

i had been driving with a messed up alternater pulley, and on day at school i started up the car and heard something hit the hood. the serpintine belt came off and the pulley had popped. i was at school for like 6 hours
Old 02-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Fastman
2nd Gear Member

i bought an alternator a while back, turned out they sold me 1 that had way more amps than my cables could handle, so im on my way to work and my electrical stuff starts cuttin out, then my car bucks then dies then bucks then dies, i get to a light it dies and wont start, so i get out and push the 3300 + pound car off the road and the whole time im doin some a$$ hole was honking at my, i was only holding him back for like the first 5 secs. of the green light. then my girlfiend picked me up, turned out burnin up my cable goin from alternator to battery cus alternator was to big, my boss excused me from work and dissed on fords... he owns a c06 corvette
Old 02-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Stang_GT_91
2nd Gear Member

i live in southern florida, so all you hear is chevy this n chevy that. i broke the mold and chose a ford mustang gt and my friend at hgighschool laugh at me. because most of them drive caprice's. one of my friend just got a new exaust and all i see are people lookin at me saying what can the ford do. i know i can take my friends caprice's, his engine is stock. are they big or small block and do yall think i can tak him he has an automatic. my car used to be the baddest soundin, lookin, fastest in the parking lot but with his new exaust he just put me down.

Quick Reply: pretty bad day