5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

almost lost my baby today

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:10 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

Default almost lost my baby today

yeah i got pulled over today doing 65 in a 50 i was stopped on a ramp going onto the high way and i decided to punch it so i wouldnt cut the cars off behind me i was only in second so i didnt think i was going that fast so i look down and said oh sh*t as i start slowing down i look up and theres a cop sitting the side and signals to me to pull over. when he came up tome and asked for my lisence i actualy said right in front of him holy **** i forgot my wallet. so anyways i got a ticket for not having my lisence 180 bucks but its better than the speeding ticket cause i would have gotten 4 points and my mom would have found out taken me off her insurance and made me sell my car
Old 03-01-2006, 01:12 AM
tokinGLX
duke of herb

Default RE: almost lost my baby today

most of the time, in washington, anyways, with that kind of ticket, if you just show proof that you had a valid license at the time, that gets dropped. might not be that lenient in your part of town tho
Old 03-01-2006, 01:16 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

it is normally like that here but he said in my case its not going to work i dunno im going up to find out tomorrow i cant aford to pay the ticket well i can i just dont want to
Old 03-01-2006, 01:19 AM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

lol well at least u didnt get the speeding ticket
dude that wouldve sucked if u lost ur car
Old 03-01-2006, 01:20 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

If there is no points on that ticket just pay it off. I went court for a $320 and 2 point ticket. In the end I ended up paying $800 and getting 1 point. Plus my license was going to get suspended for 30 days but I had a hearing and they just reprimanded it. Long story short sometimes its just easier to pay the ticket off.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:20 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I dont think you can do that here.... well not that I know of anyway. Yea, I got caught in my Intrepid running from the cops (yea I know, bad idea... I was nervous lol) and I was doing 87 in a 65 (double fine zone) and I ended up getting a ticket becuase my cousin knew the guys sgt and he told him to make him drop the ticket. I still had to go to court but I only paid a 200 dollar fine and thats it. THANK GOD! But I dont speed anymore so I guess it was kind of a blessing in disguise........
Old 03-01-2006, 01:21 AM
tokinGLX
duke of herb

cops will say a lot of stuff. just go to court, explain that you did not have your wallet on you at the time, and most of the time, the judges are cool about sthit like that
Old 03-01-2006, 01:34 AM
Nevada95
1st Gear Member

Agree with what was said above.
Make sure you go to court. Be respectful and honest about what happened.
When I was 16 I got a pretty bad fine. I told the judge that I was, "guilty with an excuse" LOL!

I had got caught for speeding and also without my insurance on me, I had it, just didn't have my card as proof.
I went to court with a copy of my insurance which covered the date I was pulled over.
The judge lowered the fine, dropped the no insurace ticket and then asked how I was going to pay it. When I told him I had a part time job, he set me up with a 6 month payment plan to take care of the ticket.
After I paid it off, the courthouse actually sent me a "thank you" letter for paying it all off on time.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:42 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

nice. well the ticket is 180 bucks and i just got my paycheck today for 188 so ill pay it off next tuesday when i get my second pay check. it was funnyi was on my way to work when i got pulled over after i gave him my insurance and reg he walked back to the cruiser and i called in to work and said i was just pulled over im going to be late my manager yelled at me for calling while i was pulled over cause it was disrespectful
Old 03-01-2006, 02:05 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

go to court and plead nolo contrede (no contest). Tell the judge that ur pleading no contest cause u thought u didnt have ur liensce, and that u did have it was just in the trunk or hatch u just forgot it was there. it not the same as pleading guilty he might drop. It its worth a try all they can do is make u pay the fine but there will be no court cost cause u didnt go to court just an hearing!!

Quick Reply: almost lost my baby today