MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   how much is it worth. 5.0 GT (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/101729-how-much-is-it-worth-5-0-gt.html)

grabbem88 03-05-2006 03:01 AM

RE: how much is it worth. 5.0 GT

well he shouldn't put SVT beside the 1195 part when labeling it,.,

Ecstasy 03-05-2006 03:17 AM

1.) its not a cobra, its just a gt, its still the 5.0 HO efi.

it has a nice look to it, and nice add-ons but if i was you i would look at it in person then if you know anybody thats a mechanic have them check it out to make sure nothings rigged on it, that would seem to be an average price but remem you get what you pay for. i paid $2500 for my 5.0 when i took the intake plenum off on mine, i seen the following problems, my pcv valve grommet was plastic instead of rubber, which was leaking oil, my valve cover gasket on the driver side was only half on. my fuel filter was on backwards, i had 6 19# fuel injectors & 2 24# fuel injectors(some issues with my fuel injectors was causing 2 of them to leak gas on my motor) i had 6 vacuum leaks, plus some other crap which since last week, ive put in new fuel injectors, new TB(performance products) & EGR Spacer(BBK). new gaskets and so on. fixed the fuel filter well i put a new one on. i was trying to stick with BBK TB & EGR but the TB was backordered so i got performance products or w/e you call it since they're all pretty much the same, in most cases your paying for the name. well anyways ill shut up now.

Bullitthead 03-05-2006 04:22 AM

Engine Code t?? What's up with that? According to my sources the engine code should be either 4, E, D or C not t...[:-]

Ecstasy 03-05-2006 01:42 PM

its not a cobra. its just a gt.

AdamB 03-05-2006 03:42 PM

The owner said it's a SVT, said it came from Ford with special car cover, and some different gauges etc. That's all. It is a GT that has SVT markings. Is this not correct?

Like I said before, I've only ever had Chevys. Now, could this thing outrun my 2001 Vette? That thing had 350 hp stock, and I only put on a vararam CAI ram air intake supposedly worth 40 hp. I need something cheap to mod out...that has 4 seats. I have a son and sold the vette... and the bike.... now I have no toys (except a 21' cuddy cabin I/O with a Chevy 350).

I'm missing my black on black convertible Z28 M6, but don't want to start all over modding a Chevy out again, I want to do something different.. That's why the interest in Mustangs...

AdamB 03-05-2006 06:36 PM

Come on, you 5.0 guys can't tell me how much horsepower? Am I at least right in thinking the 5.0's were like 240 hp at the flywheel stock? I think the 4.6L 24 valve GT's were 265 right?

razarr69 03-05-2006 07:32 PM

225 hp and 300 ft/lb. tq. at tha flywheel stock. that one has all boltons looks like, intake, but no heads or cam so that might hurt it a bit. i'd think wit the supercharger ~380 rwhp. that's jus a wild guess, but i'd think being supercharged it could run with your vette. pretty nice car by tha way, could use sum lowreing springs though.

AdamB 03-05-2006 09:08 PM

Thanks for the response. I asked the owner about the heads, he said they were cleaned up a bit, thats all.

Well, this car will probably cost ~ $40,000 less then my vette did, so I guess I could afford to do some heads/ cam work. I know you can convert the older Chevy PCM's from chip to flashable EEProms like the newer Chevy's, can you do the same with the older Stangs so that you can tune yourself with a laptop?

LesteR723 03-05-2006 10:51 PM

i bought my project car via ebay, and it had lots more problems than were listed... and same thing happened to my friends car- bought it on ebay and it was in the shop for like 3 months [:-]. Luckily mines a project car and that just gives me more to work on lol

AdamB 03-05-2006 11:34 PM

Well, hopefully, if I win the bid, all will work out with the car. However, if when I go to pick it up I find it has all kinds of problems, I don't intend to buy it.

The sellers description says no disappointments. I don't plan on being disappointed, or I won't pay. I informed the seller this already.

But, if I win the car, I'll have to read up on this forum to figure out what to do about the suspension etc. on the new GT.