5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Got my car back (My Baby Is Gone - Update)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Hidalgo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Got my car back (My Baby Is Gone - Update)

Glad you got your ride back ... You really lucked out ... Don't be too pissed off while you're getting her back together ... Could've been alot worse ... Oh ! ... Don't forget to install an alarm with a kill switch ... Good Luck ...
Old 03-06-2006, 06:54 PM
mattkoly
2nd Gear Member

WAHOOOooooooo.... That's awesome, always hard to lose somthing like that!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:57 PM
mattkoly
2nd Gear Member

You may want to consider a shifter in there as well, man that thing is long

ORIGINAL: 50Trippin

well insurance should take care of everything. they're being pretty cool about everything so far. we'll see when the money part comes. Anyways, I am almost positive that it was kids cause when I picked the car up the seat was so far forward that I couldn't even get my knees under the steering wheel. Not only that but it takes a real winner to burn a clutch up in 60 miles worth of driving(I just happened to have reset my odometer the day before they took it) I'll get her back to tip top shape again. maybe even a little upgrade if money permits. Need gears! LOL.

I will be doing some sort of kill switch. Most likely something that intterupts fuel pump operation. For the time being I am in the middle of buying a house and it will live in it's new garage. 3 more weeks.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:36 PM
highway21
2nd Gear Member

Glad to see you got your car back.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

Awesome, it could have been worse and thank god its not. I suggest an alarm along with one of those clutch pedal locks, like what you put on your steering wheel but for your clutch.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:20 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

does youre motor seem to be running the same? dude id check it out really good beacause some insurance companies are tight with da flow$$. ya know. but anything that was messed up before you can say they did it, maybe youre rearend is popping now...
Old 03-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Logz5.0
1st Gear Member

Yeah.... our world has truely gone down hill. sounds like some of my dumb *** friends.... Why they insist on doin it i dunno. I guess a quick few hundred bucks is worth all the risk. Rather than an alarm, i would suggest the shotgun treatment... watch ur car and if someone touches it,... shoot on sight...!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:56 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

lol theres gotta be DNA and Finger Prints all over that thing.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:00 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 50Trippin

well insurance should take care of everything. they're being pretty cool about everything so far. we'll see when the money part comes. Anyways, I am almost positive that it was kids cause when I picked the car up the seat was so far forward that I couldn't even get my knees under the steering wheel. Not only that but it takes a real winner to burn a clutch up in 60 miles worth of driving(I just happened to have reset my odometer the day before they took it) I'll get her back to tip top shape again. maybe even a little upgrade if money permits. Need gears! LOL.

I will be doing some sort of kill switch. Most likely something that intterupts fuel pump operation. For the time being I am in the middle of buying a house and it will live in it's new garage. 3 more weeks.
where ya movin to?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

glad you got it back

Quick Reply: Got my car back (My Baby Is Gone - Update)