5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Question for all you guys????

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:34 PM
SRT4Banger
2nd Gear Member

Default Question for all you guys????

i know alot of you have seen me post on here lately. well recently i got my turbo kit in and i will be installing it this weekend. after the dyno and a proper tune the car should be around 400whp. dont worry this thread has nothing to do with my neon. well after i get all of this done i plan on not driving this car everyday anymore. i already have alot of miles on it and im going to look for a daily driver or something to just help keep the miles of my srt. ive narrowed it down to getting a fox body or a yamaha r6. im a speed freak and already had a bike before. gsxr 600. but im looking to spend no more than 2500 on a car and no more than 7 on a bike. im looking to get a decent little fox body and my uncle is going to give me a killer deal on a 351W. i know im on a stang site and asking which i should choose your all going to say mustang and thats what im leaning towards right now but do i really want two cars right now. any opinions would be greatly appreciated. and this also would be my first RWD and my first v-8.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:40 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Question for all you guys????

That's funny. You want either the car I have or the bike I want. Right now I would say go with the bike but thats because I already have a fox so I guess my opinion is a little swayed.

p.s. Your a brave SOB coming back into this section. Hope for your sake everyone takes it easy on you this time.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:42 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

well seing this thread is not directly tech related i think you would maybe get a better response in the off topic section. i can move the thread over there if you would prefer that... but on the other hand most of the fox body guys hang out in there... hmmm, so it's up to you really
Old 03-07-2006, 08:53 PM
SRT4Banger
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

well seing this thread is not directly tech related i think you would maybe get a better response in the off topic section. i can move the thread over there if you would prefer that... but on the other hand most of the fox body guys hang out in there... hmmm, so it's up to you really
yeah thats why i posted in this section because the fox body that im interested in right now is a 5.0 and ive riden in it and absolutly love it. i came in this section to see what all the fox body guys think. i want some opinions on what you think of your cars. i dont want to go to off topic because i want get any serious responses over there. trust me ive got two threads over there right now. lol you can move it if you want but if you want a tech related question i have one. how hard is it to do the swap from a 5.0 to a 351W. same mounts, tranny mounts, or anything else i need know.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

ive never done it before but ive seen some done and theyve said it was really simple. far as just dropping it right in, yea itll go but im not sure bout the tranny or computer but id say youd be well off with a 351. should definetly be worth the effort, if any effort..
Old 03-07-2006, 09:04 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SRT4Banger

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

yeah thats why i posted in this section because the fox body that im interested in right now is a 5.0 and ive riden in it and absolutly love it. i came in this section to see what all the fox body guys think. i want some opinions on what you think of your cars. i dont want to go to off topic because i want get any serious responses over there. trust me ive got two threads over there right now. lol you can move it if you want but if you want a tech related question i have one. how hard is it to do the swap from a 5.0 to a 351W. same mounts, tranny mounts, or anything else i need know.
good point[sm=smiley36.gif] i'm mainly in OT so i know what you mean

depends on how the weather is in your area, personaly i think they make terrific daily drivers. i drive mine as much as the weather permitts. i don't however drive it in the snow, as you may already know they don't make very good winter cars, but neither do sportsbikes for that matter[sm=smiley36.gif]
Old 03-07-2006, 09:08 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

there is 0 driveability in the snow....even if you wanted to try. mine wont even roll downhill in the snow.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

you must suck at driving hahaha jk they arent all that bad in the snow i was able to drive mine over 10 miles in a blizzard just took me an hour instead of 15 min cause of the hills but its not all that bad
Old 03-07-2006, 09:19 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

yea well, i was kinda exxagerating..lol, but you know how they can get.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
SRT4Banger
2nd Gear Member

yeah im seriously thinking about the GT. but man there is nothing like a sportsbike if you have ever riden one. and im on the north carolina/south carolina border so i dont have to worry bout snow and if i do my mom has a honda that i can drive. automatic 1.6 gotta love it.

Quick Reply: Question for all you guys????