5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Stock

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:31 AM
odogg88
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Stock

ORIGINAL: Volcom66

I guess i just dont get it, its a $5000 car and yeah its an easy car to make power, but why is it that not many people do, they just act like it. I know what they are capable of and thats when they should act like they have power, when they do! Just because you have a mustang "fox" dosent make it fast! Mabey its just the little ****** in my town. If I were to make any of the mustangs out to be a race car for a smaller budget it would be a 90ish 5.0 so its not like i hate them.
if people feel like they have something special its cuz they do, the fox mustang was the car to have in its era, you could go to the dealer buy a notchback stang and spend 12,500, throw slicks on the car, remove the airbox, advance the timing, add a shorty shifter and an exhaustand your in the 13second zone with a pretty basic stock mustang, these are mods nearly every mustang has, hell if you removed the sway bar, add pullies and gears your in the 12's, spanking the stock viper the guy down the block paid 50k for. the new v6 makes almost as much hp, but not the torque, and makes it in a much different manner and is a hevier car, if someone is losing to a 6 they just need a driving lesson. i have a houshold income in the 6 figures, iv owned vettes, t/a cameros, and one viper, so i can afford to buy any car i want under 80ish, but my toy is my 12second 90 convertable gt, do i have work done to it hell yeh, but even if it were bone stock id still know i had something special!!!! they are fairly inexpensive right now cuz there were so many sold back then, but they are dissapearing fast, you try and find an 87-93 clean low milage unmolested notch, you will pay more now than you did 15yrs ago from the dealer cuz they are that hard to come by, i know cuz i looked for about a yr and a half and couldnt find one with under 60k miles for less than 15k... so my frien, if you dont get it now...YOU'LL NEVER GET IT!!!